How would you feel about a port of Sonic Generations?

#51rildomeinPosted 2/17/2013 7:22:22 PM
Virus66 posted...
I already have the PS3 version so I don't really care either way.

PC for me.
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#52SoaringDivePosted 2/17/2013 7:22:23 PM
Would it run at a bearable framerate? The 360 version is so jarring.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#53The Wheelman1Posted 2/17/2013 7:43:59 PM
...but sonic generations 3DS was good.
---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#54BrokenBandit84Posted 2/17/2013 7:44:37 PM
No Tanks!
#55The VGAPosted 2/17/2013 8:07:47 PM
I'd feel like I have no real reason to get it unless they added an extra level or something.

I have the PC version and get to enjoy mods on it!
---
You know what worse then MLP fan boys? MLP haters.
*Proud to be a Brony*
#56Omega_BlackPosted 2/17/2013 11:51:05 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD.

Still waiting on a source for this

http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-generations/

"The Best Just Got Better
Iconic environments from gaming history come to life in beautiful HD for the ultimate Sonic adventure, each revisited, recreated and re-imagined with stunning results. Also, these environments are presented in stunning new stereoscopic 3D for a whole new way to play!"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/05/wii_just_couldnt_handle_sonic_generations
"Sonic Generations is coming to 3DS, and there was much rejoicing, but Wii owners are still nursing the disappointment that theirs is the only current home console not set to receive the spiky speedster's 20th anniversary celebration game. In an interview in this month's Nintendo Power, Sonic Team boss Takashi Iizuka reveals why:

The primary goal for the console versions of Generations was re-imagining the series' classic zones in vivid, high-definition graphics. The Wii hardware wasn't a good fit for that concept, so we abandoned development on that, and decided that for our Nintendo audience, we would make a fresh start with a N3DS version of Generations."

Stop being so damn contrarian and lazy, lol.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#57Kentaro21Posted 2/17/2013 11:52:46 PM
Personally, I'd like the Wii U to have a new Sonic game.
#58leopoldsharkPosted 2/17/2013 11:56:44 PM
Why do people want late ports for the Wii U? Everyone who wanted to play it most likely owns it already. I would rather they put that money towards a new Sonic game, either Wii U exclusive like Sonic Colors or get the Wii U a port. What's the point of releasing a game at 60 bucks when I could get it on Steam sale for 7.50? That's what the problem with Darksiders 2 and Batman: Arkham City. Same thing with Assassin's Creed 3 to a lesser extent because it was released 2 weeks before the Wii U came out so the Wii U version came later.
#59Godstriker8Posted 2/18/2013 12:15:41 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
But the entire point of Generations was to revisit Sonic's past in HD.

Still waiting on a source for this

It was probably said elsewhere, but in an interview in issue 249 of NP, NP asked a producer of the 3DS version why a Wii version of Generations wasn't being made and the producer said that they wanted to reimagine classic stages in HD, and the Wii was incapable of that.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#60Ryan SiPosted 2/18/2013 12:16:34 AM
I bought PS3 version when it was released and the game is routinely $7.50 on Steam.
---
Currently Playing: Portal 2 (PC), DMC3 HD (PS3), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)