Look at this 5-year Nintendo stock chart, CAN THEY RECOVER, & HOW?

#41darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/18/2013 7:50:31 AM
Well, first I would ask how important is stock to a company and what's it's relevance? No one here really knows the first thing about how that works with the internal compromise of a business. I could give you a novice overview of how it all works and what it means, but I'm not in a position to speak on the matter. And I highly doubt anyone else here is capable.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#42thundercat2600Posted 2/18/2013 7:52:01 AM
AceMos posted...
be more worried about sony stock

"B b bu but Sony" done in one. You Nintendo fanboys are so predictable.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#43icarus231Posted 2/18/2013 7:53:45 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
AceMos posted...
be more worried about sony stock

"B b bu but Sony" done in one. You Nintendo fanboys are so predictable.

Not as predictable as sony ponies.
#44darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/18/2013 7:56:42 AM
Better question would be....

who cares if they recover or not? If it's their time, it's their time. You guys are going to be in a sad state of affairs when you lose someone special to you because you think they're going to be around forever.
---
#45thundercat2600Posted 2/18/2013 8:02:23 AM
sdsturgill posted...
Sharky8 posted...
You do understand that stock does not benefit a company, right?

The only time a company gets money is during the initial public offering (IPO), when they first offer stock to the public, when a percentage of the company is sold (the stock) in exchange an investment in the company (cash the company receives). After that, every time person B sells stock to person C, then person C sells to person D, and so forth, the company doesn't gain anything from those sales.

Stock only indicates the public's perception of how a company is doing, but it is in no way related to any net gain or net loss of money a company will receive from investors. Nintendo doesn't NEED investors today, so the rollercoaster ride of their stock doesn't hurt or help them even in the public's mind.

The only investment a company like Nintendo needed was during the IPO when the stock was first sold to the public.

It's interesting to see how crazy people were for Nintendo during the height the Wii's popularity, but they were just buying stock under the assumption it was going to keep going up. At which point they would sell it. It was all a game for traders, and it meant very little to Nintendo.

Not true at all. If the company needed to raise cash and wanted to do it through the equity market (stock) instead of issuing debt, then they can raise more cash for less ownership dilution if the stock is highly valued. Yes, an IPO is where most companies get most of their initial equity, but there are secondaries happening all of the time. Companies will issue stock if the debt market is too expensive or if they think the current stock price is above the intrinsic value of the company.

Exactly. Plus, shareholders are the owners of the company. If the stock price drops too much, shareholders will demand a shakeup in management or company restructuring.

Why do you think Nintendo announced the Wii U 18 months before launch? It was because Wii sales had tanked and Nintendo was desperately trying to keep their shareholders happy.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#46thundercat2600Posted 2/18/2013 8:05:36 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...

who cares if they recover or not? If it's their time, it's their time. You guys are going to be in a sad state of affairs when you lose someone special to you because you think they're going to be around forever.

So you're saying that Nintendo is on life support and could very well die? Yeah, I think most of us agree.
---
-darkjedilink
#47OtakuGameraPosted 2/18/2013 8:08:44 AM
Is Nintendo really THAT CHEAP?

no ethernet port and HDD so yes, they're extremely cheap
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#48darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/18/2013 8:09:17 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

So you're saying that Nintendo is on life support and could very well die? Yeah, I think most of us agree.

I don't know to be honest. And I don't really care either way. I like their games, but if they cease to exist I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Whether MS/Sony/Nintendo exists or not I know I'll still play fun video games. Unless video games cease to exist altogether. I'm not the kind of person to quibble over such fluff.
---
#49thundercat2600Posted 2/18/2013 8:13:19 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

I don't know to be honest. And I don't really care either way. I like their games, but if they cease to exist I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Whether MS/Sony/Nintendo exists or not I know I'll still play fun video games. Unless video games cease to exist altogether. I'm not the kind of person to quibble over such fluff.

So you like Nintendo but you don't care if they fail and go out of business? And yet you still care enough that you posted just to tell everybody you don't care, and to try and make yourself feel superior to anyone who does? .....ok
---
-darkjedilink
#50DarkAdonis123Posted 2/18/2013 8:18:28 AM(edited)
Sony is actually back in the black now. They're no longer hemorrhaging money. I don't know what they did, but it worked and they've managed to stabilize. They posted their financial report recently. You can find it easy with a quick google search.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue