Bayonetta confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U?!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Bayonetta confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U?!
3 years ago#21
Spikaya posted...
shinra35800 posted...
G1ingy posted...
shinra35800 posted...
if that's true, it would be dumb and smash would be destroying what it was supposed to be in the first place. Bayonetta just got to the WiiU. She's not Nintendo's iconic character and she was born on another console first. Not only that, her hook is based around sexual themes. This is a family friendly themed game.

...you do know Snake was in Brawl right?

Snake was born on the NES.

Snake was born on the MSX2, the game was released later for the NES. U DUM. U SO DUM.

Also, Sonic was born on the Sega Genesis/can't remember what it's called outside America.

Metal Gear was first known on the NES. You had to really dig some kind of deep to actually have known of a MSX2. The MSX2 didnt make Metal Gear a household name. The NES did.

Sonic was Mario's rival in the gaming market for years. When sega gave up consoles, sonic based itself on the Nintendo Systems. He was sega's icon. And nintendo having sonic mainly now makes him still an icon.

Also, grow up and don't be a loser like that. It is not very becoming.
3 years ago#22
shinra35800 posted...

Metal Gear was first known on the NES. You had to really dig some kind of deep to actually have known of a MSX2. The MSX2 didnt make Metal Gear a household name. The NES did.

Lol... No, the PS1 made Metal Gear a household name. Metal Gear wasn't a terribly popular on the NES and it was WAY inferior to the MSX2 version... and the discussion here is that it came first on MSX2, it doesn't matter where it became popular... And it's common knowledge that it came first on the MSX2.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
3 years ago#23
shinra35800 posted...
Spikaya posted...
shinra35800 posted...
G1ingy posted...
shinra35800 posted...
if that's true, it would be dumb and smash would be destroying what it was supposed to be in the first place. Bayonetta just got to the WiiU. She's not Nintendo's iconic character and she was born on another console first. Not only that, her hook is based around sexual themes. This is a family friendly themed game.

...you do know Snake was in Brawl right?

Snake was born on the NES.

Snake was born on the MSX2, the game was released later for the NES. U DUM. U SO DUM.

Also, Sonic was born on the Sega Genesis/can't remember what it's called outside America.

Sonic was Mario's rival in the gaming market for years. When sega gave up consoles, sonic based itself on the Nintendo Systems. He was sega's icon. And nintendo having sonic mainly now makes him still an icon.

Also, grow up and don't be a loser like that. It is not very becoming.

No.
---
PSN: DisRastamon MGO: RyoHazuki XBL: DIS Rastamon Nintendo ID: RyoHazuki1
3 years ago#24
...it should also be common knowledge that MGS2 was also on Xbox.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
3 years ago#25
@ shinra35800

I certainly have played Bayonetta. In fact i've been playing it all this past week. There's not a single part in the game that's overly sexual. OMG human female skin! Eww she's moaning now It's so offensive! Maybe you should stop making a big deal out of nothing. I'm sure Nintendo could tone down some of that. As for Zero suit Samus I was talking about her appearance in Smash bros not the damn GBA game. Guess somebody hasn't played that. You talk about Bayonetta being born on playstation but seem to be clueless about Sonic or Snakes origins. They weren't born on Nintendo either and they got in smash bros.
3 years ago#26
DDP886 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
DDP886 posted...
I hope we don't get yet another rehashed title

How many Smash games are out? One each console generation? That sure is rehashing.

I just want some new games so I don't feel like I've wasted money on this thing

So if they're new...that makes them better? Your reasoning is flawed my friend.

In fact the reason every major game company is around today is because of rehashing.

So if you're a fan of the old Squaresoft, Capcom or *insert company* well, they got there because of making nothing but rehashes.

In business it's about making franchises, at least unti it reaches the point where all that matters is the name so then it can carry a product.

I can agree as I also would prefer original IP's over continuous sequels (God of War should've stayed as just a single game), but that doesn't mean rehashes haven't been great (Castlevania, MM, FF up until whatever stopping point you prefer, SF and Yakuza for examples).

nickvd8 posted...
DDP886 posted...

Considering each Smash title was better than the previous one I wouldn't consider that a rehash. Rehash is when something isn't changed much from the previous iteration. Madden, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero. Those are examples of franchises that are consistently rehashed.

I disagree. Rehash is more a term used when someone wants to put a negative spin on a franchise (and then incite a war). Otherwise it's known as a sequel or a series.

Castlevania, DW/SW games, Mega Man are perfect examples. That said I don't really care for any of the games you listed so it really isn't a "fan" standpoint I'm taking ( I actually play real instruments, prefer Hockey over American Football, had more than enough experience with war *a real one*, and I did give Assassin's Creed 2 a try *didn't care for it).

In the end the more of the same isn't a bad thing, at least for fans of said series. I find it's usually people outside that fanbase that tends to call the games rehashes and that it's the fans of a series that get very hurt over the word used on what they like.

On topic:

I'd be fine with it. Bayonetta will by herself make or break the game for me. Would be great to have her and Travis Touchdown, include possible dialogue in a match between characters and you have a recipe for amazing.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
3 years ago#27
jmichaelbp posted...
DDP886 posted...

How many Smash games are out? One each console generation? That sure is rehashing.

Actually we had two for 7th gen. Don't forget about Brawl's bastard cousin on PS3. They may not have called it Sony Smash Bros for fear of lawsuit, but that's what it is.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
3 years ago#28
mjc0961 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
DDP886 posted...

Actually we had two for 7th gen. Don't forget about Brawl's bastard cousin on PS3. They may not have called it Sony Smash Bros for fear of lawsuit, but that's what it is.

Two for seventh gen? Say what? So every shooter comes into one game? Woo! So much rehash everywhereee.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
3 years ago#29
Here we go again...
---
Unofficial Froakie of the Pokemon X board.
Not to be confused with the webcomic. I've already received enough kicks in the nuts.
3 years ago#30

lol this guy
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Bayonetta confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U?!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived