Why are the wii u sales so low in the US?

#71R_ChampPosted 2/17/2013 8:29:09 PM
Linetrix posted...
Because Nintendo wrongly thought they could aim for the hardcore gamers again. It seems they completely forgot the Wii sold a lot thanks to casuals. Hardcore gamers abandoned Nintendo during the SNES era.

If FFXIII is hardcore than I'm glad I'm "casual".
#72Vegeta1000Posted 2/17/2013 8:35:58 PM
Casual gamers abandoned Nintendo during the SNES era.

Fixed. N64 and GC had plenty of support from hardcore fans. Wii not so much.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#73AkaneJonesPosted 2/17/2013 8:36:31 PM
- Low Advertising
- Launch Games also on PS360
- No New Games the Past 2 Months
- "Hardcore" Gamers didn't get the memo, about Nintendo Land being good, not a Wii series cash in
- Exclusive games either not system sellers or reviewed poorly

Nothing more nothing less. Trolling doesn't help either
#74Vegeta1000Posted 2/17/2013 8:45:00 PM
-Terrible advertising
-No "Must Have" titles yet (Sorry, but New Super Mario Bros. U isn't a must have title)
-System will be vastly weaker than the PS4/Xbox 720 (almost a given)
-Doesn't really offer anything that the PS3 and 360 don't have

Wii had it's motion control that were very innovative at time time. Wii Sports instantly became one of the most popular games ever and that's nothing but a glorified tech demo. It also didn't hurt that it was the cheapest console at the time. Wii U just doesn't have enough stand-out titles right now. Mostly just a bunch of last gen ports like Mass Effect 3. Unless, you're a diehard Nintendo fan, there's no reason to own a Wii U over a PS3 or Xbox 360 right now.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#752pac_Alypse_NowPosted 2/17/2013 8:45:41 PM
Does anyone remember when the original Playstation was released? Well if not go google some stats because it took over 6 months to reach a million units sold, fact. That was with a mega marketing push and a massive presence at E3 in 1996 (I think it was 96?)

I'm not comparing the WiiU to the PS1 straight up since they are so different in a totally new market. I was just providing some info on how launches go for consoles. It's always rough but then every ten years or so something will blow up like the original Wii.
I'm not denying the fact that there is obvious problems for the WiiU right now but I'm not worried at all fr Nintendo, they will recover always do.
#76JKatarnPosted 2/17/2013 9:23:56 PM
A.) Lack of an effective "hook" (The Wii pioneered motion control and succeeded despite previous-gen hardware due to appealing to non-gamers and gamers alike) - The gamepad is somewhat unwieldy and offers up nebulous gameplay benefits at best.

B.) Lack of a strong first/third party lineup - while I'm sure NSMB:WU etc. are fun, personally there's nothing out right now that would make me want to run out and buy a Wii U. It doesn't help that sought after titles like a new 3D Mario are years away from completion. Also, several third-party ports available have looked/run worse than the cheaper 360/PS3 versions with some trivial gamepad functionality tacked on (minus certain standouts in that area such as Zombi-U)

C.) The 720/PS4 are looming on the horizon and I imagine many console gamers are in "wait and see" mode.

D.) Various technical issues etc.

I'm anxious to see what Miyamoto can do with a 3D mario title given the extra breathing room provided by a more modern spec.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#77mini_blightPosted 2/17/2013 11:47:42 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
DDP886 posted...
Yea? Why is there no hype for this console unlike the over whelming demand for the original wii?

Because:
It has very few games currently and very few even announced.
It has no must have games.
It has the worst 3rd party support of any current day console.
It has a very poor online service.
It has a clunky bulky controller that has to be charged every 4 or so hours.
Games that are multiplatform run worse on it than the other consoles out.
Games are announced then cancelled or delayed regularly.
The list goes on...

1. Wrong.
2. Wrong.
3. It just came out recently. Of course it isn't going to have the same amount of games as the others.
4. Wrong.
5. Where's the problem?
6. Because they were ported from 360 to hardware that is built differently.
7. Just like any other day in this industry.
8. The list of lies? Certainly.
9. You have failed.
10. The end.
#78mini_blightPosted 2/17/2013 11:52:04 PM
Linetrix posted...
MathewManson posted...

I didn't know that the PS3 or 360 could play Most Wanted with PC textures during their first year.

I didn't know PS2 ports were considerably worse on the PS3 during its first year...

I didn't know you escaped from where you were hiding.

Linetrix posted...
FooFighters25 posted...
PSOLavis posted...
Melkac posted...

Yeah, the same thing happens with the many models apple devices. The 3, 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s, etc. No one bought them just like the Wii U because no one could tell them apart...oh...wait...

Or maybe Apple advertises their product to a music industry that is much larger than the gaming industry.

The same gaming industry that is already bigger than the movies industry?

I didn't know movies and music were the same thing.

themoreyouknow.gif
#79PSOLavisPosted 2/17/2013 11:59:55 PM
Passive aggressiveness and unwitty sarcasm with weak quips is not a positive trait. So sorry to break it to you. Although considering how strongly you defend what other people say (using lies I must mention), you must be some important figure on this board. Are you self-elected? Work for Nintendo? Supreme Ruler?
#80kobalobasileusPosted 2/18/2013 12:14:19 AM
NO GAEMZ.

Seriously, Nintendo is really lying down on the job, and the third party situation is just as dire as it has ever been since the N64.