Why are they giving Wind Waker a HD remake?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 2/17/2013 4:29:07 PM
Wind Waker is the one Zelda game that doesn't feel like it was visually restricted by hardware limitations, due to the art style. Literally every other Zelda has moments where the technical limitations are extremely noticeable, but Wind Waker managed to avoid that. I don't actually understand the point of the HD remake.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/17/2013 4:31:11 PM
I assumed it was based around fan demand/sales predictions
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#3MelkaticoxPosted 2/17/2013 4:32:09 PM
I guess because you can actually play Twilight Princess on your Wii U...?

...Or MAYBE they're making a new sequel for Wind Waker! (not like Phantom Hourglass, more like what WW was to MM)
---
"Hello, mods? Why are you not deleting most of this board's trolls topics/messages, again?"
"This thread has been deleted because shut up"
#4nouseravailablePosted 2/17/2013 4:32:53 PM(edited)
I think it was either that and Majora... they picked that one. ANything else would either be way too much trouble or is fairly new (not to mention playable in the wii-u).....
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#5teh1337gosuPosted 2/17/2013 4:32:29 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Wind Waker is the one Zelda game that doesn't feel like it was visually restricted by hardware limitations, due to the art style. Literally every other Zelda has moments where the technical limitations are extremely noticeable, but Wind Waker managed to avoid that. I don't actually understand the point of the HD remake.

Wind Waker still looks fluid and amazing, I agree with you.

Unless they add the two missing dungeons, a straight remake would be a huge let down.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6nickvd8Posted 2/17/2013 4:32:53 PM
Nintendo also stated that not as many people played Wind Waker as some of the other Zelda titles because of the Gamecube having less console sales when compared to other Nintendo consoles.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/17/2013 4:34:50 PM
To make the best Zelda game even more beautiful. Seems like they're adding some extra features as well (Gamepad play, probably also some touch-screen functionality like OoT 3D, perhaps gyroscope aiming, boss battle mode, super guide and they might improve the New Game +... would love to see a Master Quest being done with remixed dungeons (but will probably just be the same as the normal game, but mirrored with double damage).

Anyhow, I don't mind buying multiple versions of an excellent game. Even if it's still mostly the same, it's simply a joy to experience once more... especially in a fresh coat with some extra features.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:36:30 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
To make the best Zelda game even more beautiful. Seems like they're adding some extra features as well (Gamepad play, probably also some touch-screen functionality like OoT 3D, perhaps gyroscope aiming, boss battle mode, super guide and they might improve the New Game +... would love to see a Master Quest being done with remixed dungeons (but will probably just be the same as the normal game, but mirrored with double damage).

Anyhow, I don't mind buying multiple versions of an excellent game. Even if it's still mostly the same, it's simply a joy to experience once more... especially in a fresh coat with some extra features.

Actually a MasterQuest would be pretty cool.

More ReDeads! (They're so creepy in this game imo)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9David80008Posted 2/17/2013 4:39:41 PM
Totally agree. Wind Waker is still the best looking Zelda ever imo. I guess it won't cost too much to upscale and people who don't have access to it or want to play for the first time can get it.
---
Do a barrel roll!
#10sentoworfPosted 2/17/2013 4:39:47 PM
I think they mentioned its art style and how it looks more accessible to new players as opposed to the other Zeldas.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif