Why can't Nintendo develop a new, creative and innovative IP for Wii U?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 2/17/2013 11:30:34 PM
Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new "mascot" character that brings something new to gaming with the way they play and making a new universe for said character? If Yoshi's Yarn is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new IP in soooo long
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2Spade59Posted 2/17/2013 11:31:31 PM
phaseblack topic
#3sentoworfPosted 2/17/2013 11:31:55 PM
I liked Xenoblade
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#4blue_hedgehogPosted 2/17/2013 11:36:17 PM
Why can't PhaseBlack develop a new, creative troll topic for the Wii U message board?

Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new troll topic that brings something new to gamefaqs with the way they troll and making a topic for said troll? If this topic is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique trolling experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new troll topic in soooo long
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#5TheCelticArcherPosted 2/17/2013 11:36:40 PM
Implying the Wii series of games wasn't a new IP, same thing with The Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Rhythm Heaven.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360), Anarchy Reigns (PS3), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, & New Super Mario Bros. U.
#6LurkerLordPosted 2/17/2013 11:37:24 PM
http://kyoto-report.wikidot.com/forum/t-469495
#7G1ingyPosted 2/17/2013 11:44:26 PM
blue_hedgehog posted...
Why can't PhaseBlack develop a new, creative troll topic for the Wii U message board?

Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new troll topic that brings something new to gamefaqs with the way they troll and making a topic for said troll? If this topic is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique trolling experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new troll topic in soooo long
#8SegavsCapcomPosted 2/17/2013 11:45:07 PM
Xenoblade, Last Story, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pandora's Tower, Captain Rainbow

All new IPs by Nintendo in the past few years, plus many other franchises revived.

Why is there such a demand from trolls for new Ips. I'd bet if Nintendo came out with a new IP, you'd be trashing it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#9userfrigginamePosted 2/17/2013 11:50:14 PM(edited)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Little Inferno, Tank! Tank! Tank!, ZombiU, Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land new IPs? I don't know how innovative or good most of them are, cuz I've only played Nintendo Land (which was the most unique gaming experience I've had in a while), but those count, right? I mean what exactly are you looking for? Franchises don't exactly become notable with a first installment. Just look at Uncharted. That happens maybe after the 2nd or 3rd game, then by that time, ppl are already saying the franchises are getting milked. And I swear, the same ppl that bash milked franchises are the same ppl that don't bother actually looking into what new IPs there actually are.
#10PaladinAlikPosted 2/17/2013 11:47:15 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Is it really too daunting of a task to create a new "mascot" character that brings something new to gaming with the way they play and making a new universe for said character? If Yoshi's Yarn is any indication, they have really lost their passion for unique experiences and thats why they havent made a notable new IP in soooo long

Do I really need to list all of the IP's? They have a ton of them its just hard to measure up to the icons like mario, samus, and zelda.

meanwhile we're on our.... what 6th god of war.... and what... 5 uncharted.....? not stale one bit huh?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.