So tell me: what's the reason to buy this console?

#1ThisIsMithosPosted 2/18/2013 1:47:51 AM
-Are the games worth buying?
-Are the graphics going to be able to compete with Sony and Microsoft?
-Is the online still broken?
-Is the controller functional and fluid?

If all of these haven't improved, there's going to be an issue with keeping up with the PS4 and Xbox 720.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#2diggyfreshPosted 2/18/2013 1:50:36 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...

If all of these haven't improved, there's going to be an issue with keeping up with the PS4 and Xbox 720.

Well all of those things have improved except graphics. PS4/XB3 will have better graphics.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#3ThisIsMithos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 1:51:13 AM
diggyfresh posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

Well all of those things have improved except graphics. PS4/XB3 will have better graphics.

So the online is good?
---
GT: Aero SSX
#4PaladinAlikPosted 2/18/2013 1:52:34 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...

- Yes they are worth buying if you dont already have em.
- Probably not as strong, but rumors suggest the new sony and MS offerings wont blow everyone away much either soooo.....
- Seems to have improved a great deal from what I have heard
- Yes it is, everyone thats tried it says as much.

other reasons to buy include: Mario, Samus, Link, Pikmin, etc. Also bayonetta 2 looks nice
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#5diggyfreshPosted 2/18/2013 1:54:17 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
diggyfresh posted...
ThisIsMithos posted...

So the online is good?

Yes, very good.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#6Village IdiotPosted 2/18/2013 2:01:11 AM
The usual Nintendo first party games Zelda/Metroid/Smash Bros

For me, the deciding factors are:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Project "X".
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#7SocranPosted 2/18/2013 2:11:48 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...

Now, or later? There are a few worth buying now, a few that will almost definitely be worth buying later unless they're somehow worse than the games they're remakes/upgrades of, and many that look very promising but we'll have to wait and see.

The graphics are as good as they need to be. Heck, they were as good as they'd need to be back on the Gamecube. Its capabilities are higher than the PS3 and 360 (although several lazy ports look worse, much like how 360 games look worse when ported to the more powerful PS3), but will be lower than the PS4 and Nextbox.

Broken how? That's a far too vague word for me to give a proper answer. Unless a game's incapable of connecting to the internet, I wouldn't call it "broken" at all. If you're referring to the Wii's latency issues and use of friend codes, neither of those are an issue here.

Very. The only issues I can foresee with it would be if a game ever told you to rotate the control stick super-fast, and you tried to do the old palm trick. But that's something that never should have existed in the first place.

Oh, this is one of those topics... I didn't even see that until after I had finished responding as if you were actually looking for information. Feh.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#8kdognumba1Posted 2/18/2013 2:34:06 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...
Some are some aren't. Just like every device that plays games, there are good games and there are bad games. Some are good regardless what system you get them on, some are bad regardless of what system you get them on.

If you mean the PS4 and 720, doubtful. However seeing as how the system is already holding up to the PS3 and 360 and it just launched, we can expect much better things in the future. IE, Monolith's new game X doesn't look half bad at all neither did that LoZ tech demo at E3 2011.

No. It's not perfect, I still have my complaints like the lack of a legitimate account system that doesn't bind games to your device but rather the account (like all other systems) and cross game voice chat the way 360 and Vita have HOWEVER the eShop is a huge improvement over the Wii Shop, the online gameplay is more stable, and the Miiverse is very fun.

The only 2 complaints that I can have about the controller is lack of analog triggers and the battery life, both which are more nitpicking. As for the controller itself, it's the complete opposite of the Wii Remote. It's extremely complex and has more to it then the standard controllers but has everything you'd expect from the standard controller (minus the analog triggers which isn't a big deal imo). The D-Pad feels great, the button layout is pretty ideal, and using the pad for a remote and a second screen never gets old.

Much has improved but Nintendo still has a long way to go to get things perfect. With that said, same can be said for both Microsoft and Sony. Also I'm sure their new systems are going to be powerhouses but if it's a repeat of this closing gen where all the first party games are exactly like the 3rd party games (aka mature westernized shooters) but worse, I personally won't have much of a reason to get either of Sony or Microsofts systems. As it stands, I've been getting all 3rd party games on my computer which offers all around a vastly better experience then any of the consoles, I'll need something to really give me a reason to buy the new consoles.

For Wii U, that was ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X, NSMB U, Pikmin 3, and WAS Rayman Legends and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge which both went multi plat. Not to mention other titles that I had my eyes on but knew little about and the fact that Nintendo games are only on Nintendo systems and don't play like every other game out there (like shooters do). For the other systems, I need to see games that set themselves apart for me to get interested.

I believe these 2 links better put my point of view into perspective:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/megabusterlegends3/2013/02/05/rip-sony?zeta_id=444877270
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/13/xbox-founder-says-microsofts-last-5-years-were-painful-to-watch
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#9kamikaze135Posted 2/18/2013 2:56:01 AM
ThisIsMithos posted...

- Mario, Zombie U, and Nintendo Land are the only good exclusives. Are they worth getting a Wii U for? No. Mario is the only great exclusive.

- Online isn't broken, but it's still behind the PS3 and 360.

- The controller works really well and feels great. The only problem with it is the battery life....which isn't a big deal since you can just charge the thing up.

Also..the UI for eShop is a mess. Digital purchases are tied to the system and not an account. So if something were you happen to your Wii U and you can't prove that you owned that particular Wii U, you lose all your digital purchases.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#10OtakuGameraPosted 2/18/2013 2:58:55 AM
as a dust magnet
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg