Dragon Quest X Coming To Wii U On March 30, Beta Test On March 6

#31darkjedilinkPosted 2/18/2013 10:25:47 AM
Naruto posted...
darkjedilink posted...
FF1 only exists now due to the failure that was FF14.

Time loop!

Not really - the plan was to kill FF11 when FF14 took off. Since FF14 is quite possibly the biggest MMO flop in history, they decided to keep FF11 going.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#32darkjedilinkPosted 2/18/2013 10:27:39 AM
icarus231 posted...
If i get the game and want to pay for online i will pay it. Its a choice. Look at how successful everquest was and that had a monthly fee.

How long ago WAS EQ, though?

How many sub-based MMO's have outright failed? How many of those have had new life breathed into them due to a transition to F2P?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#33NarutoPosted 2/18/2013 1:07:52 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Naruto posted...
darkjedilink posted...
FF1 only exists now due to the failure that was FF14.

Time loop!

Not really - the plan was to kill FF11 when FF14 took off. Since FF14 is quite possibly the biggest MMO flop in history, they decided to keep FF11 going.

But FFXIV's failure led to Squaresoft developing Final Fantasy I on NES and that led to FFII, III... all the way to XIV and its inevitable failure.
#34GenoPosted 2/18/2013 1:41:19 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
So is it coming over or not!? Sick of hearing about it with no word on a release outside Japan.

Don't hold your breath. Chances are, no.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#35hypermoePosted 2/18/2013 2:35:38 PM
I'm having my doubts for this game. i mean this game has been out in Japan since August. Its the end of Feb, 6 month later and not even a hint or clue of it coming to the US. I would think more than anything we would have gotten something by now.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#36xerofyre0Posted 2/18/2013 3:53:14 PM
considering how long FFXI has been making money and there is a large western population still, i think it would be suicide if the game did not come stateside.

I will buy this game day one because of the great tim ei had in ff11 before it was killed off by abyssea. i hate most MMOs like World of Warcraft and many of it's clones but FF11 and DQX play to a different audience and the experience is(will be) awesome.

Ive been watching this game like a hawk and will jumpr for joy if localization is announced
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#37xenosaga123Posted 2/18/2013 6:21:05 PM
FF7 really is overrated. FF11 Online despite subscription fees has made more money and played more than ALL of the Final Fantasies COMBINED!! and then some. http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/25/final-fantasy-xi-the-most-profitable-in-the-franchise/ Dragon Quest X can be really successful in west on Wii U, even with fee. Even Nintendo fans can be open minded enough to learn the values of fee based mmorpgs like Dragon Quest X and the fun, immersion and play value is beyond other genres!! :)
#38xenosaga123Posted 2/18/2013 6:23:02 PM
Dragon Quest X has very good chance to be localized. Though I think they are being quiet for now because they are making every effort to make the FFXIV ARR international launch a success (Beta starts this month). but I'm sure Square Enix is very aware that Dragon Quest X is their next best source of money and it would be counter productive to leave it exclusive to Japan/east.
#39Sirian_HawkPosted 2/18/2013 6:38:30 PM(edited)
hypermoe posted...
I'm having my doubts for this game. i mean this game has been out in Japan since August. Its the end of Feb, 6 month later and not even a hint or clue of it coming to the US. I would think more than anything we would have gotten something by now.

The thing is that most people realized that the Wii version would not be coming here. The Wii has been essentially dead for awhile. If anything, they would not waste the resources to bring the Wii version here, and instead would focus entirely on the Wii-U version. Thus we won't hear of it coming until after the Wii-U version is out and they have had time to judge its performance and decide if they want to do it.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#40andrea987Posted 2/18/2013 7:30:54 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
darkjedilink posted...
"20 days of playtime."

Monthly fees. Ewww.

Well, between Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter and Destiny, DQX just dropped off my radar completely.

They might have a similar promotion, if it's released outside Japan, where you can play for 2 hours a day for free.

I'll applaud that. If there is any fee involved, I don't think I'll bother.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.