Crytek: It's "impossible" for next-gen consoles to match powerful PCs

#61meiyukiPosted 2/18/2013 12:20:48 PM
CrazyFool319 posted...

Better graphics on the PC, but can you play any mario games, halo, gears of war, uncharted, god of war, etc. Exclusives make consoles the winner for the time being. Add in things like the kinect and the like and you get further advantages over pc.

And im a pc gamer first and foremost. I strongly prefer it, but im also a realist. Consoles are built solely for gaming and will tend to offer more.

That misses the point of why PC's get brought up in the first place.
#62pokemonfreak97Posted 2/18/2013 12:34:49 PM
SixSixSevenEigh posted...
The fact this was posted on the Wii U board shows that TC thinks Wii U is an exception to this blindingly obvious statement.

Wow...

The reason for this is that the Wii U isn't trying to do that; the PC may have better graphics than the PS4/720, but it doesn't have a separate touch-screen controller until people hack the GamePad (and probably the computer, too).
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#63RaYeOPosted 2/18/2013 12:59:06 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious just stating the obvious. Maybe now you can tell me that the SNES isn't as powerful as the PS3/Wii U/360.
---
PSN ID: RayeoTNJ
#64XWolfOPosted 2/18/2013 1:04:55 PM
You need Crytek to tell you that? I thought it was common sense.
---
I will BURN MY BREAD!
#65genlockPosted 2/18/2013 1:05:38 PM
This has always been true.
The difference between the Commodore 64 and consoles at the time was waaaaaaay bigger than consoles and PC's now.

Of course now PC's are far more well known.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#66JackalPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:39 PM
And the Duh Award goes to . . . Crytek!

I don't know why people keep comparing the two platforms. Anyone that's into PC gaming will have a PC that can play their games. I get consoles because I don't want to deal with all of the configurations and stuff just to play a game. But now, even consoles have patches!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#67Dr_FacerPosted 2/18/2013 1:29:00 PM
It's impossible for next gen consoles to match PCs?

Really?

On other news, the sun will rise tomorrow.
#68DiscostewSMPosted 2/18/2013 1:30:51 PM
XWolfO posted...
You need Crytek to tell you that? I thought it was common sense.

You'd be surprised by the number of trolls that don't have common sense.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#69SilbePosted 2/18/2013 1:34:07 PM
Good gaming PCs will always have better graphics than consoles. Always. That's why they cost a lot more than Consoles. A lot more.
Even if I build it myself I will still have to pay around 900 (!) for a Pc that hopefully will play everything on High or Ultra for at least two years. After that I will most likely have to update graphic cards, the year after ram and so on. Again around 200 for the next higher graphic card alone. PC gaming simply costs more money, while it lacks really good "exclusives", nowadays only indie games are really worth it and luckily most average PCs or Laptops can manage those. Sure, i might be able to build a low end gaming pc for 500 , and playing everything on low maybe medium, or i could by a console and have the same for less money. Crytek can whine if they want, you can't live only off the people that can afford great (yeah, great gaming PC, not average, or low end) gaming Pcs, there are simply not enough of them.
I'm actually very glad that Consoles hold the PC gaming back, spec wise, else a 1000 gaming pc would most likely not be enough to play most games. :/
And no, if i have a choice I take Controller over MK for most games i like, MK is only really useful for FPS and MMORPGs/RPGs/StrategyRPGs. Wouldn't even think about using MK for other games.
---
-------------------
PSN:mezzokakerlake/Esca/Petz/Lv155/Bezel Ranger
#70Y34RX3R0Posted 2/18/2013 1:35:51 PM
Pretty obvious.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE