Nintendo #5 on Top 10 Most Innovative Gaming Companies list

#11chuchumyrocketPosted 2/18/2013 10:13:07 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Yeah, the list is a joke. Nintendo brought so much innovation to the industry the top 5 should read:

1. Nintendo
2. Nintendo
3. Nintendo
4. Nintendo
5. Nintendo

And no, that's not a joke. Nintendo has brought a ton of innovation through both different kinds of hardware and different kinds of games. Not a single company comes close. Nintendo innovated much more than that complete top 10 (most of which isn't very innovative anyway). Aside from that, why the hell would they even decide 'most innovative company' going by just 1 game or gimmick? Nintendo brought hundreds of innovations to the game industry -__-

My sides.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#12darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/18/2013 10:14:41 AM
chuchumyrocket posted...
Yeah, the list is a joke. Nintendo brought so much innovation to the industry the top 5 should read:

1. Nintendo
2. Nintendo
3. Nintendo
4. Nintendo
5. Nintendo

And no, that's not a joke. Nintendo has brought a ton of innovation through both different kinds of hardware and different kinds of games. Not a single company comes close. Nintendo innovated much more than that complete top 10 (most of which isn't very innovative anyway). Aside from that, why the hell would they even decide 'most innovative company' going by just 1 game or gimmick? Nintendo brought hundreds of innovations to the game industry -__-

My sides.

If he's talking about the first 4 on the list and replacing them with Nintendo...I'd have to agree. Sorry, but there's no way the first 4 lead the way in gaming innovation.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#13Ambassador_KongPosted 2/18/2013 10:17:29 AM
bleedingelite posted...
DDP886 posted...
bleedingelite posted...
http://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2013/industry/gaming

Discuss.

what a shotty website, this is a troll topic..

Care to explain?

I think he meant "shoddy." Kids and their spelling.

The site needs some serious optimization, pages load slowly and the graphics at the tops of pages are way too big. I also hate that the advertising is the most pronounced item on the page.

As for the writing..... Rovio is innovated? Really? They re-skinned "Crushed the Castle" and haven't had another idea since. They are a one trick pony at best.

Anyways, keep working on your website, it isn't all bad.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#14Virus66Posted 2/18/2013 10:48:15 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
bleedingelite posted...
DDP886 posted...
bleedingelite posted...
http://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2013/industry/gaming

Discuss.

what a shotty website, this is a troll topic..

Care to explain?

I think he meant "shoddy." Kids and their spelling.

The site needs some serious optimization, pages load slowly and the graphics at the tops of pages are way too big. I also hate that the advertising is the most pronounced item on the page.

As for the writing..... Rovio is innovated? Really? They re-skinned "Crushed the Castle" and haven't had another idea since. They are a one trick pony at best.

Anyways, keep working on your website, it isn't all bad.

Bad Piggies was done by Rovio and it was better than Angry Birds by a long shot, but it still is nothing new.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#15The_BoredomsPosted 2/18/2013 10:59:20 AM
It's about innovation in business, not the games themselves. It's a pretty good list in that light.
#16SychinLegacyPosted 2/18/2013 11:26:54 AM
This was a horrible list. The number one was because they made angry birds? I've played tons of flash games like angry birds years before it ever came out.

Microsoft above Nintendo because of smart glass? They copied what Nintendo did...

Activision on the list because of Skylanders? What about Call of Duty, the least innovative franchise next to any of EA sport's games. Surely that would negate that.

Telltalte games on the list at all because of walking dead? A complete joke. The story of in their Walking Dead was very very good, BUT IT WASN'T A GAME. That's not innovation.

Bad list.
#17JobocanPosted 2/18/2013 11:42:23 AM(edited)
This is almost as stupid as that article a year or two ago about the most influential people in the industry, which had Steve Jobs and the guy who made Facebook above Miyamoto.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#18vidalmorazaPosted 2/18/2013 11:37:49 AM
adampeltz posted...
Wow, that list... I define the word "innovative" very differently.

Microsoft does other thing besides the Xbox, but I agree with Rovio, they got a hit game and now they are innovate? Is not even original, there where games with the same gameplay before Angry birds....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#19DDP886Posted 2/18/2013 11:39:37 AM

1. Nintendo
2. Nintendo
3. Nintendo
4. Nintendo
5. Nintendo

LMAO should be more like

1. Microsoft
2. Sony
3. Sega
4. apple
5. IBM
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#20DiscostewSMPosted 2/18/2013 11:41:42 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
"1. Rovio"

*Leaves*

lol, isn't Angry Birds a clone of another game?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project