Prediction: March NPD will go to Wii U, God of War: Ascension cant compete with

#11Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:30:56 PM
This is why Wii U is failing, people WANT it to fail. Why cant Monster Hunter sell like God of War? There's a screen on the f***ing controller this time
---
June 14th, 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#12AwayFromHerePosted 2/18/2013 12:34:21 PM
This is why Wii U is failing, people WANT it to fail. Why cant Monster Hunter sell like God of War? There's a screen on the f***ing controller this time

Why can't Monster Hunter sell like God of War? History.

The Wii had a massive user base when Monster Hunter came out for it, and it didn't sell anywhere near what you're expecting the Wii-U version to do with a smaller user base.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#13KaleliskalelPosted 2/18/2013 12:34:59 PM
i think that the last of us and the new tomb raider will sell more copies than nintendo sold wii u's
---
When ps3 launched it was banned from export because the processor was so powerful. Tell me again about how powerful you gaming pc is.
#14ADHDguitarPosted 2/18/2013 12:37:05 PM
Toll tropic.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#15Shovel_Break(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:40:12 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

The Wii had a massive user base when Monster Hunter came out for it, and it didn't sell anywhere near what you're expecting the Wii-U version to do with a smaller user base.

Wii U is for hardcore gamers, Monster Hunter is hardcore.
---
June 14th, 2013 - Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming will reach a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#16DeathSnipe777Posted 2/18/2013 12:42:23 PM(edited)

To be fair, it was the first time Nintendo gamers were hearing about the series. Otherwise, it was a niche game on the PS2 and PSP where one of the biggest features, multiplayer, couldn't be utilized correctly since the multiplayer was based around the Japanese.

However, 3U has been getting a LOT of reception. Not only that but they've also kept the online, which is the only reason Tri sold any copies in the first place. Returning players are undoubtedly picking it up and I've seen tons of people saying they'll be getting it just because they've heard good things about it, even if they've never played another game in the series before. Not only that but it's one of the first notable "must have" games on the WiiU, and has little competition right now. People will be willing to pick it up just because there's nothing else to play right now and because they hear other people raving about it.

Of course it won't sell as much as Tri right off the bat, but I'm confident it will surpass Tri throughout the WiiU's lifetime.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#17DFMan456Posted 2/18/2013 12:42:49 PM
Topic bookmarked. I'll be sure to come back and laugh at you once we have the numbers.
#18FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/18/2013 12:46:04 PM
please tell me your joking TC. While im a huge monster hunter fan outside of japan the series is very niche and is only bought by people that have been enjoying the game sense the ps2 and psp versions hence why tri only sold 560k in the states. Personally i see the game selling better on the 3ds than the wii u as more people have a 3ds than a wiiu right now. Also the only time consoles ever move a million units in one month is around the holiday time and last time i checked the holidays are very far away.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#19SagadegoPosted 2/18/2013 1:07:38 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Toll tropic.

floo hopic.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#20chuchumyrocketPosted 2/18/2013 3:38:19 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Toll tropic.

Thank you captain obvious.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket