RUMOUR: PS4 to cost 300 GBP at launch.

#21thundercat2600Posted 2/18/2013 3:12:13 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
If that's the case, Sony's going to be hosed. Their finances are bad enough already; if they sell at that price, they're going to be eating a pretty substantial per-unit loss, which they can't afford to do right now.

Not to mention the fact that, by that point, the Wii U will have a larger library, several bundle deals and possibly even a price cut working to their advantage.

The loss per system would still be far, far less than what it was for PS3. I could definitely see it happening.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#22Helmsly2008Posted 2/18/2013 3:13:47 PM
AdamLazaruso posted...
For some reason a mod saw fit to delete the old topic but overturned it without reposting, so I guess I'll have to repost it myself!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-18-sony-considering-300-ps4-uk-price-claims-the-times

The Times is a proper newspaper, not just some internet rag so at the very least we can be fairly confident that they're not just outright making stuff up.

What do you think this would mean for the Wii U? That's the same price as the Deluxe bundle in the UK, so it could mean very bad things for the already struggling Wii U if the PS4 launches at the same price, especially if it has superior tech inside...

In the uk it would mean Nintendo would have to drop the price of the Wii U, its selling pretty bad here already, with zero competition and software sales are disastrously low.
#23FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/18/2013 3:16:14 PM
AdamLazaruso posted...
Bump now that this has been reposted after being modded again.

dude if its been modded twice now why continue to fight?
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#24EoinPosted 2/18/2013 3:20:30 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
dude if its been modded twice now why continue to fight?

Didn't you read what he said? The first moderation was overturned, the second moderation was not only overturned, but the topic was reposted (by a moderator).

That means that people are moderating it weirdly believing it to be against the ToS somehow, moderators are agreeing, then better moderators are overturning the original incorrect moderations.
#25darkus_fPosted 2/18/2013 3:20:38 PM
Powerful hardware isn't that expensive anymore, that's why many PC gamers build their own PCs. What made the WiiU somewhat expensive is the gamepad. There's a chance that the PS4 will actually be sold at a profit. Even if you're not a Sony fan this would be great news because then Nintendo would pull the big guns :D
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk (434 haters), Ziggler, Cesaro, Reigns, Orton
#26tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/18/2013 3:27:42 PM(edited)
TrueBlue91 posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
Gonna be honest you guys, I expect Sony have a much better idea of what they can and can't afford than you guys do.

Well said. Sony doesn't have to waste money per unit on a Gamepad, so I don't think the situation is that bad.

What do you mean "well said"?????

Sony has NO IDEA what they are doing (at least they haven't given us any reason to believe that they do). The PS3 lost them ALL the profits from both PS1 and PS2.

Yeah, they have a GREAT idea of what they can and can't afford...

Vita would also like to say hi.

"Well said." HA.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#27ssbmrocksPosted 2/18/2013 3:29:20 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
That's probably when Nintendo will do some form of price drop or something.

Ambassador program confirmed?
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#28Paulf001Posted 2/18/2013 3:31:03 PM
JP newspapar said the PS4 was going to be 40,000 Yen which is about $426. Consoles usually cost more in Japan so you can round that down to $400.

Although they might have some more expensive editions with bigger hard drives.
#29bleedingelitePosted 2/18/2013 3:32:38 PM
I'm not going to buy another Sony system until they give me a good reason to. They're like the opposite of Nintendo. They start off with "Look at all dese games! LOL we hav exlusives!" and then a year or two later they're just building dust on the shelf.
#30IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/18/2013 3:37:08 PM
I have to agree with this notion. I love my Vita but holy Moses, where are the worthwhile games now? I have a total of 6 games for it, and I really don't see much on the horizon for the sucker. The 3DS is another story entirely, I have 8 games and there is at least 2 more I want in the summer and hopefully another 2 before the end of the year.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973