RUMOUR: PS4 to cost 300 GBP at launch.

#71kyomagiPosted 2/19/2013 9:28:59 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
AdamLazaruso posted...
icarus231 posted...
Thats $465 US. No price drop needed

Pricing doesn't work that way. Consoles are always more expensive in the UK than they are in the US.

Wii U is $300, unless they drop $165 in the price, Wii U is gonna be cheaper...

actually the wii u that will be close to the ps4 is $350.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#72kyomagiPosted 2/19/2013 9:30:07 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
$465? Thats almost two days of work. That means nothing to anyone not still living in mommy and daddys house.

If they're not living in mommy and daddy's house, then they have bills and other essentials to worry about that far outweigh the want of a gaming console.

Even though it's not going to cost $465 (most likely $400 in the U.S.) that's a lot of money for the average consumer today.

unless you're married and have two incomes and a dependable savings account. $400 -$500 for a console is nothing.
---
#73halomonkey1_3_5Posted 2/19/2013 9:31:56 AM
the_cajun88 posted...
Even a kid can make $500 in a day. When I was 15, I did landscaping with a friend who was 17. Building a block wall = $1400 minus around $400 on material, that leaves $1000 in labour. We each put in half and took half. We also also planted roll up grass which is good money. I made $30,000 in a year working partime in highschool. I imagine if I worked full time and found jobs consistently, I would have made well over a 100k.

All you need is a truck, a credit card, and some tools.

I think it's funny seeing able bodied strong looking people working at Mcdonalds. Hands on labour, you get to be your own boss, no stress at all, you work when you want, at the hours you want and get paid a good amount.

Get in touch with reality, please.

this x100

no one in their right mind would pay some high-schoolers that much to put up a block wall. I could literally go to a local home depot and round up 3-4 guys to come put up a wall for less than what you alone would have made.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#74StealthlysPosted 2/19/2013 9:36:11 AM
Eoin posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
dude if its been modded twice now why continue to fight?

Didn't you read what he said? The first moderation was overturned, the second moderation was not only overturned, but the topic was reposted (by a moderator).

That means that people are moderating it weirdly believing it to be against the ToS somehow, moderators are agreeing, then better moderators are overturning the original incorrect moderations.

Probably cause some mods see that a ps4 rumor has nothing to do with the Wii U at all and other mods think it adds legit discussion.

also lol @ the rumored ps4 specs.
#75kyomagiPosted 2/19/2013 9:38:54 AM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
the_cajun88 posted...
Even a kid can make $500 in a day. When I was 15, I did landscaping with a friend who was 17. Building a block wall = $1400 minus around $400 on material, that leaves $1000 in labour. We each put in half and took half. We also also planted roll up grass which is good money. I made $30,000 in a year working partime in highschool. I imagine if I worked full time and found jobs consistently, I would have made well over a 100k.

I think it's funny seeing able bodied strong looking people working at Mcdonalds. Hands on labour, you get to be your own boss, no stress at all, you work when you want, at the hours you want and get paid a good amount.

this x100

no one in their right mind would pay some high-schoolers that much to put up a block wall. I could literally go to a local home depot and round up 3-4 guys to come put up a wall for less than what you alone would have made.

agreed. The people you see working fast food are generally lazy and dont want to actually work
---
#76bartz90Posted 2/19/2013 9:40:56 AM
kyomagi posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

this x100

agreed. The people you see working fast food are generally lazy and dont want to actually work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
---
-
#77kyomagiPosted 2/19/2013 9:44:37 AM
bartz90 posted...
kyomagi posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

this x100

Think im kidding? ask your average fast food employee and ask them how much highschool or college they finished up.

its like they dont even try
---
#78bartz90Posted 2/19/2013 9:49:25 AM
kyomagi posted...
bartz90 posted...
kyomagi posted...
the_cajun88 posted...

this x100

Think im kidding? ask your average fast food employee and ask them how much highschool or college they finished up.

its like they dont even try

This might depend on the area you live in. The Mcdonalds I frequent is staffed with highschool kids, kids in college helping to pay for their education and some older women who seem more than dedicated to doing a good job.

I understand there are lazy workers but that is in every job, from security to retail. I wouldn't even generalize most fast food workers in this manner. It's just not my experience.
---
-
#79TheBonfiniPosted 2/19/2013 9:56:25 AM
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...
If PS4 launches that low Sony will most likely be taking a size-able loss on the hardware. And to counter this Nintendo will price drop and nullify the even ground. Simple.

Sony cant afford a loss per unit or else they will go bankrupt

How will they afford to make them then? The fact is you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#80tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/19/2013 9:58:36 AM
TheBonfini posted...
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...
If PS4 launches that low Sony will most likely be taking a size-able loss on the hardware. And to counter this Nintendo will price drop and nullify the even ground. Simple.

Sony cant afford a loss per unit or else they will go bankrupt

How will they afford to make them then? The fact is you have no idea what you're talking about.

Go deeper into debt of course. Pretty simple.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050