RUMOUR: PS4 to cost 300 GBP at launch.

#81TheBonfiniPosted 2/19/2013 11:11:28 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
TheBonfini posted...
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...
If PS4 launches that low Sony will most likely be taking a size-able loss on the hardware. And to counter this Nintendo will price drop and nullify the even ground. Simple.

Sony cant afford a loss per unit or else they will go bankrupt

How will they afford to make them then? The fact is you have no idea what you're talking about.

Go deeper into debt of course. Pretty simple.

You mean Sony isn't going to make people pay for them before they manufacture them? That's the only way Sony could afford it !!!!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#82Shinobi120Posted 2/19/2013 11:30:37 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
I said it in a previous topic and I'll say it here too. Sony are predicting a return to profit by next year. Unless they aren't factoring in the PS4 (which they might not be considering that they haven't officially announced it yet), then they can't afford to take a massive loss on every console sold. This means that if the PS4 is sold at 300, then I cannot imagine it being more powerful than the WiiU.

N64 & Gamecube would like to have a word with you on that. Both of them were more powerful than the PS1 & the PS2, & they were sold at a profit. If Nintendo can do that, then Sony can also do it with the next PS console as well.

Also, I believe people are overestimating the cost of the controller. It is literally a controller with a screen. It's not a tablet computer with a dual core processor and an android operating system, it's just a touchscreen which sends and receives signals. If it was any more expensive than 50 to make I would be surprised.

Oh, and remember, the PS4 is meant to be bundled with the next gen Eyetoy and if the controller is to be believed, there'll be either a screen or a trackpad on theirs, which will up the cost.

PS Move is already kind of old now, so it won't even be that expensive to make. The only truly expensive part inside of the PS4 is 4 GB's of GDDR5 RAM.
#83sonicsonicPosted 2/19/2013 11:35:12 AM
If true... then it won't be the graphic powerhouse people are expecting... or at least unrealistic fanboys are expecting.
#84TheBonfiniPosted 2/19/2013 11:40:34 AM
sonicsonic posted...
If true... then it won't be the graphic powerhouse people are expecting... or at least unrealistic fanboys are expecting.

What specs are fanboys expecting?
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#85icarus231Posted 2/19/2013 11:52:25 AM
TheBonfini posted...
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...
If PS4 launches that low Sony will most likely be taking a size-able loss on the hardware. And to counter this Nintendo will price drop and nullify the even ground. Simple.

How will they afford to make them then? The fact is you have no idea what you're talking about.

You sell product at a profit not a loss. Are you stupid or something? Sony no longer has money sitting around to take a loss. They are a failing company who makes money from ventures other then electronics.
#86DiscostewSMPosted 2/19/2013 11:57:05 AM
icarus231 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...

You sell product at a profit not a loss. Are you stupid or something? Sony no longer has money sitting around to take a loss. They are a failing company who makes money from ventures other then electronics.

It's only ok to take a loss when you are capable of taking a loss. Sony is not in a position to do so. Most of their departments are losing money while only a select few are making any.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#87icarus231Posted 2/19/2013 12:04:11 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
icarus231 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
icarus231 posted...
nickvd8 posted...

It's only ok to take a loss when you are capable of taking a loss. Sony is not in a position to do so. Most of their departments are losing money while only a select few are making any.

Which was my original point. Sony cant afford a loss or they will end up bankrupt
#88sonicsonicPosted 2/19/2013 12:12:54 PM
TheBonfini posted...
sonicsonic posted...

What specs are fanboys expecting?

.... Really ?

You haven't seen enough fanboys ranting about how weak the WiiU is and how much better the 720/PS4 will be?

I'm not saying all fans are expecting the same thing. I'm just saying all fanboys are.