If Call of Duty is milked, Mario is butchered

#171squatch22Posted 2/19/2013 1:45:54 PM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
Also, there may be about 6 or 7 Call of Duty games this year, but they were all released on the same system. They alternate between two different developers, and anyone who says Modern Warfare is the exact same game as Black Ops have blatantly never played either game. 2D Mario games have been coming out for over 20 years, and the latest one (NSMBU) is virtually identical to the one that came out in 1990 (Super Mario World). I find that to be more inexcusable than the number of Call of Duty games this generation.

lol. Saying CoD is different, then saying NSMBU is identical to Mario World...
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#172SychinLegacyPosted 2/19/2013 1:51:04 PM
Also, there may be about 6 or 7 Call of Duty games this year, but they were all released on the same system. They alternate between two different developers, and anyone who says Modern Warfare is the exact same game as Black Ops have blatantly never played either game. 2D Mario games have been coming out for over 20 years, and the latest one (NSMBU) is virtually identical to the one that came out in 1990 (Super Mario World). I find that to be more inexcusable than the number of Call of Duty games this generation.

The only thing that changes are the maps and the guns and the perks. And even then they are really just rearrangements, not really changes.

I've played MW2, BO, BW3, and BO2, They all play the same. You pick guns and perks and run around shooting people. Maybe one "class" is slightly stronger in one vs the other, but they still play identically.

Try and explain how they are different again?
#173Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:55:47 PM
SychinLegacy posted...

The only thing that changes are the maps and the guns and the perks. And even then they are really just rearrangements, not really changes.

I've played MW2, BO, BW3, and BO2, They all play the same. You pick guns and perks and run around shooting people. Maybe one "class" is slightly stronger in one vs the other, but they still play identically.

Yeah the entire makeup of the levels and the way the game was played (zombies) didn't entirely change with BO2

Oh but moving blocks around in Mario is totally a 'new' level and game
#174sonic777Posted 2/19/2013 5:04:46 PM
For God's sake, you Nintendo fans act like admitting Mario is milked would kill your enjoyment of the series.

Mario is milked. There is NO denying it.

Say it with me: "Mario is milked." Not "Mario platforming games are milked." "MARIO is milked."

There is nothing wrong with this statement. Releasing an average of 4 "Mario" games (all with the same style and feel... it's a Mario game, I know what kind of "feel" the game is going to have... cartoony and doesn't take itself too seriously, simple, and most of the time, enjoyable.) constitutes milking.

Nintendo knows if they need a quick buck, they just release something with Mario on the cover. And somehow, that's not milking?

But one little annual Call of Duty game is?

Give me a break. The problem is not Activision releasing one game a year in the Call of Duty series. It's you fans that can't admit Mario does the same thing but on a much larger scale.

The End.
#175SychinLegacyPosted 2/19/2013 5:07:25 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

Yeah the entire makeup of the levels and the way the game was played (zombies) didn't entirely change with BO2

I didn't say Mario was new now did I? But if you honestly think zombies is different because they added a bus to move you around then you're delusional. Or if COD plays any different now then it did i the past.
#176Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:11:27 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

I didn't say Mario was new now did I? But if you honestly think zombies is different because they added a bus to move you around then you're delusional. Or if COD plays any different now then it did i the past.

How is adding a bus that transports you across five levels not new? Tell me how Mario is so different then from NSMB2 to U.
#177Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:22:28 PM
googler posted...
I think it's easy to argue how whored Mario was been and how uninspired the spinoffs are. At least there's no:
call of duty sunshine
call of duty cart
call of duty paint
call of duty rpg
paper call of duty (which sounds awesome)
call of duty 3d
call of duty golf
wall of duty (a wario clone)
call of duty's little brother's mansion
call of duty party
call of duty all-stars
call of duty land
call of duty world
etc, etc, etc

Lmao@;
cod sunshine
Paper cod
Wall of duty
#178HakkeroPosted 2/19/2013 5:29:31 PM
Mario is butchered to the fact that when Nintendo comes up with an idea for a new game. They'll slap Mario on it to make it sell. The games themselves aren't milked. The character himself is. Now I love Mario games a lot, My childhood consisted of being surrounded by Mario games. I don't mind playing a bunch more games featuring Mario doing something, I just wish I can say that about other of Nintendo's franchises like Metroid, F-Zero and Star Fox.
---
3DS FC: 3952-7082-4886 (Hakkero) PM me if you Add
Currently playing: Resident Evil: Revelaitons, Dillon's Rolling Western
#179StickMen1090Posted 2/19/2013 5:31:15 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

well considering Mario games consist of a Wide variety of Genres and COD is just a FPS
#180SychinLegacyPosted 2/19/2013 5:39:55 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

How is adding a bus that transports you across five levels not new? Tell me how Mario is so different then from NSMB2 to U.

First of all because it doesn't add anything new except that you don't have to walk between areas. The game would not be very different is the bus were removed. Just be more annoying.

Second it's not "FIVE NEW LEVELS". It's five very small areas and together still feel smaller than Der Riese which is arguably the best zombies map of the bunch.

Third the gameplay is exactly the same aside from having to build new tools. Thats pretty much the only thing they added.

Fourth the names of the guns might have changed but thats pretty much it. You still got your 2 LMGs, a couple of SMGs/ARs which are decent, the ray gun, some secondary gernades that can be fun and useful, and a bunch of lackluster everything else.

Fifth they added two perks which really don't do a whole lot. One lets you sprint longer which you don't really ever need unless you miss the bus and need to walk to the next area. The other one is pretty useful but very rarely do I ever have a chance to use it.