If Call of Duty is milked, Mario is butchered

#191Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:05:10 PM
Vegeta1000 posted...
Call of Duty 4 was a great game. It was fresh and helped the series get mainstream popularity. Unfortunately, due to that game's massive success, Activision has played it save by not trying to innovate the series. Hopefully, that changes this upcoming gen.

This has a lot to do with Mario
#192spicyitalian739Posted 2/19/2013 9:53:47 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Hakkero posted...
Mario is butchered to the fact that when Nintendo comes up with an idea for a new game. They'll slap Mario on it to make it sell.

That's because the game market has become extremely hostile to new IPs. Just ask Sony.

Nintendo can milk Mario as much as they please. Don't like it? Then tell third parties to put their games on Nintendo platforms to drown him out. lol

I've (we've) already said we don't mind it too much. Some people (fanboys) won't admit it.

I really don't understand your argument.
Get what I'm saying?
Nowhere near the variety of gameplay are CoD games to the gameplay of Mario.
Or do you refuse to admit that?
Really, you're just trying to troll, and doing it poorly.
Ending post by reading the first letters.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#193king_maddenPosted 2/19/2013 10:02:33 PM
spicyitalian739 posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Hakkero posted...
Mario is butchered to the fact that when Nintendo comes up with an idea for a new game. They'll slap Mario on it to make it sell.

That's because the game market has become extremely hostile to new IPs. Just ask Sony.

Nintendo can milk Mario as much as they please. Don't like it? Then tell third parties to put their games on Nintendo platforms to drown him out. lol

I've (we've) already said we don't mind it too much. Some people (fanboys) won't admit it.

Get what I'm saying?

as I stated before, its common sense that mario is going to have more variety, its a fantasy game you can have settings anywhere doing anything. a game with more realism like a CoD can only refine and add a little to what it already has, not much range for realistic games.

Are you willing to admit though, that Mario the character is milked?
#194spicyitalian739Posted 2/19/2013 10:07:14 PM
king_madden posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Hakkero posted...

Get what I'm saying?

as I stated before, its common sense that mario is going to have more variety, its a fantasy game you can have settings anywhere doing anything. a game with more realism like a CoD can only refine and add a little to what it already has, not much range for realistic games.

Well he was making a different argument than you. I'll agree with you that they're milking him as a character, but he's a character that sells and he's more recognizable than Mickey Mouse at this point. As long as the gameplay is fresh, there's nothing wrong with it. Nintendo would be nuts NOT to use Mario, as he's their corporate mascot. Coke has polar bears, Budweiser has Clydesdale horses, and Nintendo has Mario.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: FlyingWasabi
Xbox Live: Flying Wasabi
#195AceMosPosted 2/19/2013 10:07:23 PM
king_madden posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
mini_blight posted...
Hakkero posted...

Get what I'm saying?

did walt disney (the man not the company) milk micky mouse

NO micky became an icon and thus surpased teh concept of being milked
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#196king_maddenPosted 2/19/2013 10:17:10 PM
wow really comparing mario to mickey?

even still, mickey isnt the main big thing, hes usually shown like in the beginning of a movie during opening credits, but then thats it. since 1990 how many big mickey mouse movies have there been?

mickey was big but he was treated like an icon should be, he was the beginning, becmae a face that everyone knows, but now hes more in the background, every still knows who he is and what he represents, but disney doesnt lean on him the way nintendo leans on mario.

in the video game world you dont surpass the milking status, when you are in everything, and the company just uses you on other random games just to attract sheep, no matter who you are its milking.
#197JosephDigitalPosted 2/19/2013 10:23:24 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is the exact same game as Call of Duty Black Ops? And please, I want an in-depth answer not one of your silly, ignorant lists that are nothing more than unintelligent scribbles.
#198DifferentialEquationPosted 2/19/2013 10:40:36 PM
JosephDigital posted...
Can someone please explain to me how Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is the exact same game as Call of Duty Black Ops? And please, I want an in-depth answer not one of your silly, ignorant lists that are nothing more than unintelligent scribbles.

It changes as much as Pokemon changes with each new release.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#199geneticsftwPosted 2/19/2013 10:46:11 PM
sonic777 posted...
For God's sake, you Nintendo fans act like admitting Mario is milked would kill your enjoyment of the series.

Mario is milked. There is NO denying it.

Say it with me: "Mario is milked." Not "Mario platforming games are milked." "MARIO is milked."

There is nothing wrong with this statement. Releasing an average of 4 "Mario" games (all with the same style and feel... it's a Mario game, I know what kind of "feel" the game is going to have... cartoony and doesn't take itself too seriously, simple, and most of the time, enjoyable.) constitutes milking.

Nintendo knows if they need a quick buck, they just release something with Mario on the cover. And somehow, that's not milking?

But one little annual Call of Duty game is?

Give me a break. The problem is not Activision releasing one game a year in the Call of Duty series. It's you fans that can't admit Mario does the same thing but on a much larger scale.

The End.

3 cod a year.
---
Sweet
#200JosephDigitalPosted 2/19/2013 10:50:05 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
JosephDigital posted...

It changes as much as Pokemon changes with each new release.

Explain.