So.... it turns out that the controller that everyone made fun of is amazing

#1KOTRsssPosted 2/19/2013 3:09:17 AM
Just played a couple hours of ZombiU for the first time tonight. I had heard it was good, but I thought they meant "it's good in the sense that you wouldnt expect a Wii U launch title called "ZombiU" to be decent" but it seems to be one of the better survival horror games I have ever experienced.

What surprised me more, though, was that the controller made perfect sense in the gameplay context. Being able to manage inventory, look at the map, use scanners, change equipment, or use items all with this screen is the most logical innovation I have experienced in as long as I can remember. I can think of a bazillion games that would benefit from this sort of feature, even if it's only for the item hotkeys and map usage.

Needless to say, I was blown away. Well done ZombiU developers. As for Nintendo, I'll reserve my praise for when and if the controller becomes a gameplay staple.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2HumbleMavinPosted 2/19/2013 3:13:45 AM
Nice to hear some positive for once...
#3Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 2/19/2013 3:18:06 AM
I was exactly the same as you, TC - I was incredibly skeptical of the gamepad when the Wii U was announced, thinking it was the most stupid thing I'd ever seen. As someone who buys all the new consoles and handhelds that come out purely to get a vast choice of games to play, I'd resigned myself to not get Nintendo's latest offering. "Tosh and piffle, what a decidedly ridiculous apperatus," I thought (may or may not have been my exact words)...and then I played on one in-store just after release.

I went home with a Wii U and ZombiU that day. After physically despising the idea of it and slagging it off to all my friends.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/bwym0.png ~ by Dante_destroyer
http://i50.tinypic.com/affyap.jpg ~ By itachi15243
#4YamiYugi4400Posted 2/19/2013 3:22:30 AM(edited)
Which controller is amazing?

oh the gamepad xD

yep all the games that come out to use it for a map will be super

kind of like how the DS does things but bigger... so new
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5jairusmonillasPosted 2/19/2013 3:21:47 AM
Amazing? your standards must be really that low then, doesn't change every other else opinion about it.
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/19/2013 3:26:54 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Amazing? your standards must be really that low then, doesn't change every other else opinion about it.

Where did he say he was going to change other peoples' opinions? You must have ridiculously high standards then. See how easy one can turn it around? Name me off some stuff that YOU think is "amazing" so I can ridicule it.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#7KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:28:47 AM
jairusmonillas posted...

Well aside from the fact that your post made very little sense, I'm curious as to why you're saying my standards are low. I took the time to articulate my points as to why the controller was a good thing. The least you could do is do the same.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#8YamiYugi4400Posted 2/19/2013 3:28:49 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Where did he say he was going to change other peoples' opinions? You must have ridiculously high standards then. See how easy one can turn it around? Name me off some stuff that YOU think is "amazing" so I can ridicule it.

Quick. defend the TC harder for no reason
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#9darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/19/2013 3:36:09 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Quick. defend the TC harder for no reason

I just hate illiterate asses that smugly insult others for no reason. If my calling them out "defends" then other SO BE IT!!!!!!! Also, Quick. Retaliate at the defense of other poster for no reason. <<<You realize you did the exact samething. So.....FACE!!! ****HAND****
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#10andrea987Posted 2/19/2013 3:39:04 AM
KOTRsss posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Well aside from the fact that your post made very little sense, I'm curious as to why you're saying my standards are low. I took the time to articulate my points as to why the controller was a good thing. The least you could do is do the same.

You might struggle to find objectivity and logic in GF, too many trolls/fanboy around here. But thanks for sharing your impressions on the gamepad, they're very similar to mine, but I only played the demo (don't like horror that much). I really liked the use of the screen in Batman, though, and generally find the controller to be very comfy and responsive.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.