So.... it turns out that the controller that everyone made fun of is amazing

#21muffinmasherPosted 2/19/2013 7:13:14 AM
I love the controller, it's incredibly comfortable too. Makes marathon gaming awesome.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#22Monkey_FuPosted 2/19/2013 7:17:01 AM
Yes.. The pro controller is awesome... The gamepad.... Not so much....
#23Bronze_StuffPosted 2/19/2013 7:18:13 AM
I never made fun of the controller. My biggest beef with it is that people might not use it well...
---
Jimbo.
#24Tw1L1ghtSpaklePosted 2/19/2013 7:20:03 AM
It really is a nice controller and plays well compared to the others too.
#25Rasputin77Posted 2/19/2013 7:23:07 AM
**Reads thread...**

**Thinks on how certain posters don't understand why I don't waste my time replying to insolent, childish s***...**

**Laughs...**

Keep on keepin' on, Wii U board. Those parents... oh, so proud...
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#26R3al1Posted 2/19/2013 7:29:39 AM
Gotta agree with TS. The gamepad has a ton of potential and it is VERY VERY comfortable. Best controller I've used in years.
#27DiscomasterPosted 2/19/2013 7:46:42 AM(edited)
I'm a pretty big fan of it... My only beef with it is that it's the first Nintendo controller to not have grooves you can lock the sticks into. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, take a nunchuck and the gamepad, then move the sticks around at full tilt. You'll hear clicking all around the nunchuck but not the gamepad. I find the grooves help with precision when moving.
#28webbc99Posted 2/19/2013 7:55:02 AM(edited)
The controller itself isn't really an issue, and games designed around it are pretty good and it works well. My problem is that can only work for a few games...

Most DS games do not make inventive (or even good) use of the touch screen without it feeling forced and unneccessary. Examples of good touchscreen use: TWEWY and Contact, and bad would be Pokemon, Golden Sun games

If you look at Dynasty Warriors: Next for the Vita, you'll see exactly what I mean. The Vita has all of these cool features like touchscreen, rear touchscreen, accelerometer etc., but their very presence for some reason compells game designers to use them in really half-assed ways that actually detract from the overall gaming experience.

It also causes issues with multiplat games not being able to use the special screen if we ever see some real cross platform multiplayer (which could happen next gen, who knows).

To be fair, the controller's at least comfortable. The Wii annoyed me because I used Gamecube Controllers on my Wii more than I used the Wii-mote. And it was getting quite difficult to find GC controllers in decent condition.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#29DTY3Posted 2/19/2013 8:32:09 AM
Sorry TC but you should have known you cant speak positive about the Wii U here.

Anyway just about everyone who actually tries the controller loved it.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#30TerotrousPosted 2/19/2013 8:36:11 AM
The controller offers at least two very simple things that are big boons to any game

- The ability to play the game without using the TV, like a handheld.
- The ability for two players to each play with their own screen.

Even without any "innovative" use of the technology, it can still enhance any game quite a lot.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery