Is now a good time to sell my Wii U?

#1SolnotPosted 2/19/2013 8:18:17 AM
I'm tired of waiting on Nintendo to release some good first-party games for this system. At least my Wii still has games worth playing on it. My Wii U just sits unplayed and collects dust with nothing to look forward to in the next few months. I figure I might as well sell it to get some money back that I can put towards a PS4 or Xbox 720. So what's a good asking price to sell my Wii U for?
#2metroid02Posted 2/19/2013 8:24:13 AM
I honestly dont understand people who buy a console and then sell it almost immediately just because there are not too many good games for it. What did you expect? But in all seriousness what was your initial reason to buy a Wii U? If it was for the Nintendo games then you might as well just keep it and buy the games when they come out.

If you believe you can buy at a later point for cheap (new of course, im not counting ebay here) then im sorry to tell you that Nintendo has stated repeatedly that they would not lower the price of the Wii U anytime soon.

Sell your Wii if anything, after all you can still play your Wii games on the Wii U.

Though, if your motivation for getting a Wii U was somehting else than what I said above and you have no interest in the next Zelda/Mario/Metroid then go ahead and sell it. Depending on how used it is (games and whether its a basic or deluxe you can ask anywhere from 250$+.
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#3DDP886Posted 2/19/2013 8:25:31 AM
perfect time to sell it. I got 250 dollars without the gamer pad
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#4monkeyspoonPosted 2/19/2013 8:26:41 AM
Today is your best chance. Demand for the WiiU will plummet once the PS4 has been announced.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#5tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/19/2013 8:28:45 AM
DDP886 posted...
perfect time to sell it. I got 250 dollars without the gamer pad

Sure, somebody paid you $250 for a used Wii U with no gamepad. That's believable.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#6Santo3485Posted 2/19/2013 8:30:17 AM
People who buy a launch console then sells it again after what 3 months (?) doesnt deserve to either vote, own a gun or have a baby since judgement skills apparently are *that* poor.

And no I dont own a Wii U and I'm still waiting for Nintendo to show some more stuff.
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#7djvampyPosted 2/19/2013 8:30:18 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Today is your best chance. Demand for the WiiU will plummet once the PS4 has been announced.

Hasn't it already plummeted lol.
#8jaleblademasterPosted 2/19/2013 8:33:15 AM
No. Absolutely not.
It's just stupid to sell a console with YEARS of games ahead of it simply because its first few months were weak. I got a 3DS at launch and the same thing happened; weak launch titles, weak months following launch, but the last year or so has been awesome for the system.

At LEAST wait until E3. See what Nintendo has up their sleeves, as if the stuff they've already announced isn't enough (Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X from Monolith, Pikmin 3, to name a few).

I seem to remember a lot of "Wish I hadn't sold my Wii!" comments popping up right about a year or two after its launch. Because that's how video game consoles work; games don't get released as soon as the console exists. It's idiotic to assume that.
---
The term "Rap Music" is an Oxymoron.
#9DDP886Posted 2/19/2013 8:34:48 AM
jaleblademaster posted...
No. Absolutely not.
It's just stupid to sell a console with YEARS of games ahead of it simply because its first few months were weak. I got a 3DS at launch and the same thing happened; weak launch titles, weak months following launch, but the last year or so has been awesome for the system.

At LEAST wait until E3. See what Nintendo has up their sleeves, as if the stuff they've already announced isn't enough (Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, X from Monolith, Pikmin 3, to name a few).

I seem to remember a lot of "Wish I hadn't sold my Wii!" comments popping up right about a year or two after its launch. Because that's how video game consoles work; games don't get released as soon as the console exists. It's idiotic to assume that.

Don't listen to this guy
Sell it while you can recoup the value of it
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#10MuryoPosted 2/19/2013 8:35:21 AM
monkeyspoon posted...

Patcher? Is that you?