I think Nintendo misfired on the Wii U.

#1MichaeIPachterPosted 2/19/2013 8:54:31 AM
Itís just not that different from the other two consoles, and the gameplay isnít as unique as the Wii. They made a mistake, itís something they probably canít recover from.
---
It's a profit deal.
#2DDP886Posted 2/19/2013 8:58:17 AM
Yea really, now is the time to sell your wii u if you own one before it becomes a n64 repeat
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#3jairusmonillasPosted 2/19/2013 8:58:32 AM
That's true, atleast Wii was different from PS3 and 360, the mistake with Wii U was having last gen graphics with nothing new.. tablet controller isn't exactly innovation, at the age of samsung galaxy, iphones, ipads, androids, touchscreens and tablets aren't so new anymore. its not interesting, its too stale already.

Nintendo's mistake was thinking a tablet controller will be a hit like motion control, they are so wrong. They should've just upgraded motion control, upgraded graphics so its powerful enough to get ps4/xbox3 multiplatform games, but no they went last gen graphics with irrelevant tablet controller gimmick. huge huge mistake.
#4MichaeIPachter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:59:37 AM
I think they have made a costly mistake with the Wii U. And their handheld business canít save them in the face of cannibalization from smartphones and tablets.
---
It's a profit deal.
#5JackalPosted 2/19/2013 9:03:10 AM
They could always go software only on the console side and stick with handheld hardware.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#6LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/19/2013 9:03:19 AM
lolPachter.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#7CrystalKing5426Posted 2/19/2013 9:04:45 AM
Yes, it seems Nintendo prematurely blew their wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, and now they have something of a mess on their hands.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#8ThreinfhirPosted 2/19/2013 12:14:04 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Yes, it seems Nintendo prematurely blew their wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, and now they have something of a mess on their hands.

Tobias FŁnke quote for the win.
---
NNID: Threinfhir