Why sell the Wii U at this point?

#1fhsfootball74Posted 2/19/2013 9:37:35 AM(edited)
I am pretty certain that for some of you this must be your first console launch ever. Why even buy a new console only to sell it less than 6 months later? If you have that much disposable income why not just hang onto it until the games start to roll in? Seems a bit silly to me.

I am looking forward to the announcement of the PS4 tomorrow but it won't make me sell my Wii U. PS4 won't be out until this fall plenty of time to come up with the money to purchase one. Some of these "I sold my Wii U" topics are either mass trolling attempts or possibly the least patient people I've ever seen. I'd hate to see some of you when you have to wait for something truly important in life.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#2TerotrousPosted 2/19/2013 9:38:28 AM
It's mostly because they have insanely short memories. Or maybe they sold their PS3s like 10 times before they got the one they have now.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#3sanas_thirituPosted 2/19/2013 9:40:14 AM
If they can get like 220 dollars for this, then with some saving, the ps4 is within reach. Some are worried that the prices of used wiiu consoles are going to drop even further.
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#4OMG_AIDSPosted 2/19/2013 9:40:46 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
I am pretty certain that for some of you this must be your first console launch ever. Why even buy a new console only to sell it less than 6 months later? If you have that much disposable income why not just hang onto it until the games start to roll in? Seems a bit silly to me.

I am looking forward to the announcement of the PS4 tomorrow but it won't make me sell my Wii U. PS4 won't be out until this fall plenty of time to come up with the money to purchase one. Some of these "I sold my Wii U" topics are either mass trolling attempts or possibly the least patient people I've ever seen. I'd hate to see some of you when you have to wait for something truly important in life.

/topic
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#5fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:43:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6DDP886Posted 2/19/2013 9:44:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7JackalPosted 2/19/2013 9:48:20 AM
If I had a Wii U I wouldn't sell it. As long as I have something that I want to play on it I would keep it like I do all my other consoles. At least until it breaks or I give them away.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#8fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:52:12 AM(edited)
DDP886 posted...
Because there is no games for this unit

There is well over 30 games available after 3 months with more to launch next month. In the same time span Xbox 360 and PS3 had far less. Not to mention you have access to the entire Wii catalog along with all its VC games.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#9Y34RX3R0Posted 2/19/2013 9:50:43 AM
Mother never hugged them enough so they seek attention.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#10ChipChippersonPosted 2/19/2013 9:52:29 AM
I think most people who genuinely sold it already would be too embarrassed to publicly admit to it.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.