Nintendo is kind of like the Apple of the VG world

#21iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:42:32 AM
People can be so defensive, even in a neutral topic. When has anyone ever criticized Apple for the ideas of the products they make? Bringing ideas that other companies aren't good at bringing to fruition is a great business model, and its what I want Nintendo to keep doing.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#22sythe343Posted 2/19/2013 9:56:42 AM
bartz90 posted...

Best you can do?

Nope, I could say:

Too lazy to try a new control scheme.

Nintendo gave you the items you needed and you simply choose not to use them. You got upset that, "how dare they demand i swing my wiimote to hack with a sword, or use a stylus to do this or that!" I thought it was a pretty nifty myself. Since i was a kid i always dreamed of swinging a sword and saving the day...Skyward Sword is taking steps to make that a reality. Awesome on their part. And i'm not the only one who thought this.

Or i could say:

So, you don't want to accept anything new and you're stuck in your old stubborn ways of the simple joystick and buttons being your only connection to your games? I was very hesitant of the Wii with it's motion controlls as well. I played Twilight Princess (not the best example i know as it's not M+) but how i had to play the game left an impression on me. It made me rethink the ideas of motion controls. It's unfortunate that the touch screen isn't ideal for LoZ either, but they didn't want to just make the first legend of zelda with fancier graphics, they wanted to make it memorable.

I can't say on the DS version though as i didn't play it, but If my Scot friend and his big hands can play it on his DS, and he can enjoy as much as he did, i have a hard time believing it's a hindrance.

Or i could say:

You picked up a system that has Dual Screens and a Touch Screen as it's main draws and you're upset that you have to use them, or that the company that manufactured it is making games for it that distinctly use it? You picked up a Console whose sole playstyle was via motion control and your complaining about motion control? Really? Even when they give you the thing you need to play it with? I know they built skyward sword to be played with it, there are Enemies that you have to strike a certain way and the only other game that does a good job at multidirectional slashing that doesn't use motion control is MG: Rising. They are adding a challenge for you while trying to keep the game fresh.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#23icarus231Posted 2/19/2013 10:01:34 AM
iKhanic posted...
People can be so defensive, even in a neutral topic. When has anyone ever criticized Apple for the ideas of the products they make? Bringing ideas that other companies aren't good at bringing to fruition is a great business model, and its what I want Nintendo to keep doing.

You made an inaccurate statement on multiple threads and got called out for it. Thats not being defensive, that is re-educating someone who has been brainwashed by sony.
#24bartz90Posted 2/19/2013 10:05:54 AM
sythe343 posted...
bartz90 posted...

Best you can do?

Nope, I could say:

Too lazy to try a new control scheme.

Nintendo gave you the items you needed and you simply choose not to use them. You got upset that, "how dare they demand i swing my wiimote to hack with a sword, or use a stylus to do this or that!" I thought it was a pretty nifty myself. Since i was a kid i always dreamed of swinging a sword and saving the day...Skyward Sword is taking steps to make that a reality. Awesome on their part. And i'm not the only one who thought this.

Or i could say:

So, you don't want to accept anything new and you're stuck in your old stubborn ways of the simple joystick and buttons being your only connection to your games? I was very hesitant of the Wii with it's motion controlls as well. I played Twilight Princess (not the best example i know as it's not M+) but how i had to play the game left an impression on me. It made me rethink the ideas of motion controls. It's unfortunate that the touch screen isn't ideal for LoZ either, but they didn't want to just make the first legend of zelda with fancier graphics, they wanted to make it memorable.

I can't say on the DS version though as i didn't play it, but If my Scot friend and his big hands can play it on his DS, and he can enjoy as much as he did, i have a hard time believing it's a hindrance.

Or i could say:

You picked up a system that has Dual Screens and a Touch Screen as it's main draws and you're upset that you have to use them, or that the company that manufactured it is making games for it that distinctly use it? You picked up a Console whose sole playstyle was via motion control and your complaining about motion control? Really? Even when they give you the thing you need to play it with? I know they built skyward sword to be played with it, there are Enemies that you have to strike a certain way and the only other game that does a good job at multidirectional slashing that doesn't use motion control is MG: Rising. They are adding a challenge for you while trying to keep the game fresh.

Not too lazy, as you'll notice I mentioned a game I loved like TWEWY. I had no problem playing and learning to play Wii and DS games I wanted to but some simply weren't worth the effort. I mentioned the hand pain that many people could attest to for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and I played them to full completion regardless because they were great. So no you couldn't say I won't accept anything new either.

The fact is you're just avoiding the issue here. Yes I could learn to play different styles, and I did with many, many games across many different systems. But Nintendo has become bent on selling their "big new thing" by forcing you to use it and only it. Many people could not or would not adapt to certain things because of age, disability or stubbornness and it's one reason Nintendo suffers now.

The point was that Nintendo has become so stubborn as to not allow even one other playstyle on certain games and they suffer for it. That was the original point and there's no refuting it because it's simple fact. You're trying to defend them with your own preference, you always dreamed of swinging the sword? Good for you. You want to poll people to see how many were turned off say Skyward Sword because of the controls? I think you might be surprised. How about a poll of gamers to see how many less open fans Nintendo has turned off over the last generation?
---
-
#25P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/19/2013 10:11:36 AM
How dare Nintendo use their new controller for the console it was intended for!? They should let me use my old NES controller because I don't like the new one!
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#26bartz90Posted 2/19/2013 10:14:27 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
How dare Nintendo use their new controller for the console it was intended for!? They should let me use my old NES controller because I don't like the new one!

Lol

That's all the actual drones do on here. You can't take any legitimate complaints at all. You just try to break it down to something ridiculous and completely ignore any points someone actually makes. Can't refute what I said? Uh oh, better try to make a joke!
---
-
#27iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:15:31 AM
icarus231 posted...
iKhanic posted...

You made an inaccurate statement on multiple threads and got called out for it. Thats not being defensive, that is re-educating someone who has been brainwashed by sony.

I've made this point like twice on other threads, and I've never looked back at those threads, so I really don't know what you are talking about.

Brainwashed by sony? I own all Nintendo consoles. The only thing I have that's not Nintendo are Atari 2600 and 7800s.

Ideas bounce around. Thats what happens. Nintendo isn't loaded with patents like its competitors, but its competitors utterly fail at implementing any inking of innovation they might have. So Nintendo takes the concept, adds their touch, and sells it in a better way.

And I never said Nintendo doesn't innovate at all, and I specifically said modern Nintendo. So pay attention next time.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#28chuchumyrocketPosted 2/19/2013 10:17:49 AM
Except apple products sell millions all the time every time. People see the logo and think they have to have it because of apples awesome marketing.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#29P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/19/2013 10:18:50 AM
bartz90 posted...

Lol

That's all the actual drones do on here. You can't take any legitimate complaints at all. You just try to break it down to something ridiculous and completely ignore any points someone actually makes. Can't refute what I said? Uh oh, better try to make a joke!

Your whole argument sounds like a stubborn child who is angry that things change and aren't compatible with everything.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#30bartz90Posted 2/19/2013 10:24:42 AM
bartz90 posted...

Lol

Your whole argument sounds like a stubborn child who is angry that things change and aren't compatible with everything.

Hmm, nah sounds more like your little fanboy outburst up there.

If you actually read my argument you'd see I don't mind adapting to the new playstyles, but Nintendo has made no friends and lost supporters because of their stubbornness in this regard. Keep trying though.
---
-