Do new shipments of the Wii U come with the huge update pre-installed?

#1BubbagumpPosted 2/19/2013 10:43:26 AM
Or is it still something you have to download? And if so, are there plans to integrate it into future Wii U's? One of the reasons I've been holding off purchasing one was in case this happened so I could save some hard drive space (I know just get an external hard drive but whatever). Any word on this? Thanks guys.
---
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
#2vidalmorazaPosted 2/19/2013 10:44:33 AM
I dunno, but AFAIK they still have not the update....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#3nickvd8Posted 2/19/2013 10:44:58 AM
You won't be saving space either way, either way it still takes up the same amount of space. The only difference would be that you wouldn't have to download it, it would be pre-installed.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#4picanoPosted 2/19/2013 10:46:08 AM
I don't believe the update comes pre-installed yet but later models will definitely come with it installed. (Couple months?)

That said, I'm pretty sure the updates will take up space in the internal storage no matter if you do it on your own or not. Also, I believe that there is a certain amount of storage space reserved for updates anyway. (Hence where the 5GB rumors came from despite the download only being 1 GB)
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#5redluigi11Posted 2/19/2013 10:47:10 AM
I think in april there going to start doing that
---
Average people are starting to wake up to the fact that EA is a messed up business
Feel the terror of READING! -Merasmus
#6JackalPosted 2/19/2013 10:49:40 AM
I've been asking this question since the whole thing began. Why haven't they been installing these updates before they ship any new consoles? They should have been doing this a long time now.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:50:23 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. Couldn't they add it to the firmware? Would that remove the space requirements on the hard drive? I'm clueless about such things so I don't know. Good to know that later shipments will in a few months. But I guess if it doesn't free up space there's no point in waiting.
---
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
#8nickvd8Posted 2/19/2013 10:52:21 AM
Jackal posted...
I've been asking this question since the whole thing began. Why haven't they been installing these updates before they ship any new consoles? They should have been doing this a long time now.

Just because a new update was released doesn't mean they immediately start pre-loading it on consoles. To be honest they probably won't even bother since there's a new update coming in the Spring. Just download the update when you load up the console for the first time, it's really not a big deal.
---
Sign this
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2013 10:53:04 AM
Don't listen to these guys. I got the ZombiU bundle and it was pre-installed. It's the case with all ZombiU bundles, which is what you should get if you're looking to get a Wii U.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#10nickvd8Posted 2/19/2013 10:54:33 AM
Bubbagump posted...
Thanks for the quick replies. Couldn't they add it to the firmware? Would that remove the space requirements on the hard drive? I'm clueless about such things so I don't know. Good to know that later shipments will in a few months. But I guess if it doesn't free up space there's no point in waiting.

Firmware = OS. Like we said, takes up space no matter what. 5GB is reserved for the OS & updates so if that's the reason you were waiting there's no point. Update doesn't take long to download & install either, enjoy the console when you get one.
---
Sign this