Do new shipments of the Wii U come with the huge update pre-installed?

#11vidalmorazaPosted 2/19/2013 9:54:55 AM
Jackal posted...
I've been asking this question since the whole thing began. Why haven't they been installing these updates before they ship any new consoles? They should have been doing this a long time now.

Takes months to do that, and is the same with every console, they all have older firmwares, the only problem is that the Wii U update is long, but go and buy any console on the market, I bet it has not the last firmware on it...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#12SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2013 9:55:54 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Jackal posted...
I've been asking this question since the whole thing began. Why haven't they been installing these updates before they ship any new consoles? They should have been doing this a long time now.

Takes months to do that, and is the same with every console, they all have older firmwares, the only problem is that the Wii U update is long, but go and buy any console on the market, I bet it has not the last firmware on it...

Again, they are already doing it. The ZombiU bundles have the update installed.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#13nickvd8Posted 2/19/2013 9:57:39 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Jackal posted...

Ok, we get it. His main concern was the newest firmware taking up extra space not the actual download itself.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#14SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2013 10:02:50 AM(edited)
nickvd8 posted...
Ok, we get it. His main concern was the newest firmware taking up extra space not the actual download itself.

You got it, but some people clearly were not. Just making sure the correct info is in the thread, as quite a few people were posting things that weren't accurate. But yeah, either way you end up with the same amount of space, though really, with the ZombiU bundle you actually end up with slightly less space since Nintendo Land is a download code.

---
#15DrumguyPosted 2/19/2013 10:05:32 AM
picano posted...
I don't believe the update comes pre-installed yet but later models will definitely come with it installed. (Couple months?)

If it's pre-installed then that would mean it's already installed. :P
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#16Elem187Posted 2/19/2013 10:18:30 AM
Bubbagump posted...
Or is it still something you have to download? And if so, are there plans to integrate it into future Wii U's? One of the reasons I've been holding off purchasing one was in case this happened so I could save some hard drive space (I know just get an external hard drive but whatever). Any word on this? Thanks guys.

I read the ZombiU bundle comes with the patch already installed.

Are people really concerned about installing a patch that takes less than an hour?
#17JackalPosted 2/19/2013 10:19:07 AM
nickvd8 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Jackal posted...

I never said anything about the firmware taking up space. I asked about a month ago why hadn't replaced the old firmware for any new consoles being made from that point on. Only shipped consoles would need to DL load the new update. Any console created AFTER that update was released should have had it installed immediately. Apparently they are doing it now according to the Zombie U bundle buyer.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#18SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2013 10:36:44 AM
Elem187 posted...
Bubbagump posted...
Or is it still something you have to download? And if so, are there plans to integrate it into future Wii U's? One of the reasons I've been holding off purchasing one was in case this happened so I could save some hard drive space (I know just get an external hard drive but whatever). Any word on this? Thanks guys.

I read the ZombiU bundle comes with the patch already installed.

Are people really concerned about installing a patch that takes less than an hour?

Patience is a virtue, but at the same time, having just got my Wii U on Sunday I have a vivid recollection of the excitement of getting a brand new console. I was expecting to have to download the update, but honestly, I was thrilled when I realized I didn't have to, as I was really anxious to play ZU and NSMBU, and just test out the various features. I appreciated having that extra hour on my day off to play the new system.

A little off topic, but this reminds me of a friend of mine who went to the midnight release of MGS4 for the PS3, since he had taken the next day off. He was excited to go home and play the game, but after several hours up updates and installs, by the time the game was ready to play he was too tired. The wonders of new technology!
---
#19DDP886Posted 2/19/2013 10:38:21 AM
Bubbagump posted...

what? after spending all that money you have to turn around now run a update CD on the wii u? nuts...
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#20nickvd8Posted 2/19/2013 10:40:52 AM
That sucks that Nintendo Land is a download for the ZombiU bundle. I rather liked that Nintendo Land was a full packaged product for the deluxe bundle, I hated the stupid cardboard sleeves Wii Sports and Links Crossbow Training came in for Wii also.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD