Rumor: The Wii U may be the only home console with free online this gen

#1LHS_2012Posted 2/19/2013 3:31:20 PM
Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

Also has pricing information ($429 and $529) and a projected November release date.

http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the-ps4-will-be-out-this-november-and-youll-be-able-to-control-it-with-your-phone
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 2/19/2013 3:33:14 PM
Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

Ugh, that would be pretty dumb. Paying for Xbox live isn't worth it. Paying for Playstation World sure as hell won't be
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 2/19/2013 3:33:29 PM
With the proper marketing campaign, Nintendo can use this really effectively.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#4rafiiillaPosted 2/19/2013 3:35:41 PM
Time to enhance and advertise the online service Nintendo!
---
NNID: rafiiilla
#5_Sovereign_Posted 2/19/2013 3:40:28 PM
It's a shame but when millions of sheep pay for features they already have access to, for free, you kind of expect Sony to "jump in" so to speak.

I don't play online anymore ( what a waste of time that was) and finally got back to playing games I missed so this really doesn't affect me. Hope it's not though, Sony needs good publicity.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#6ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/19/2013 3:44:50 PM

So, PlayStation World will replace PlayStation Plus with a premium price. But you already pay a premium price for Plus. Hmm.... See where I'm going with this?
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#7LHS_2012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 3:47:56 PM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...

So, PlayStation World will replace PlayStation Plus with a premium price. But you already pay a premium price for Plus. Hmm.... See where I'm going with this?

The important part was this:

"most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use.

not that Plus is essentially getting rebranded.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#8UltimaSora91Posted 2/19/2013 3:48:09 PM
I never understood why you have to pay to play online or access a store.
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#9brokenedge32Posted 2/19/2013 3:51:01 PM
inb4 big win for Nintendo.
---
Currently playing:Batman AC Armored Edition, and Black Ops2(WiiU). http://www.playfire.com/brokenedge32
Nintendo ID: brokenedge34, PSN: brokenedge32
#10EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/19/2013 3:52:42 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...

Ugh, that would be pretty dumb. Paying for Xbox live isn't worth it. Paying for Playstation World sure as hell won't be

This. Live offers little over PSN and even Nintendo Network that makes it worth paying for. imo
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223 Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0519-6722-9989
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!