so how many wii u owners here sold their system?

#21Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/20/2013 4:41:44 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
Well, anyone who expected something other than a modified wii is bound to be disappointed.
I like nintendo but offlate, i'm getting the feeling that they're perhaps taking the easy way out. I'm not refering to the wii u. I'm refering to the wii.
I believe mario games should have gone HD last generation itself and that "casual gamers dont care about HD" was not a good excuse to not do it.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Even though they weren't HD the Super Mario Galaxy games still looked great. HD would have been a superficial increase to the experience, but it would have made the Wii cost a lot more than it did, which would have put people off, and drove up costs for the game, which could have impacted on the development of the game.

Surely you've noticed the influx of modern war shooters. As the cost of making games goes up developers are less keen to expand and try something new. Lesser hardware may not look as good, but it gives developers a bit more financial leeway to take risks which did result in a wider variety of games on the Wii, even if there weren't as many as the PS360.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#22Lefty128kPosted 2/20/2013 5:07:37 AM
I've never seen EA ditch out on a system like this.

They put out a Tiger Woods on N-Gage, Wii U isn't good enough apparently.
#23b1gt0nePosted 2/20/2013 5:10:52 AM
Y34RX3R0 posted...
I would bet none were sold, they were all troll topics, made by adults with nothing better to do.

Fixed
#24sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 8:12:02 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
I would bet none were sold, they were all troll topics, made by adults with nothing better to do.

Fixed

I dont understand why many people would do that. There are trolls ofcourse, but there are also a good number of people who are genuinely dissatisfied with nintendo. I was following this board for the last couple of days to hear them
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#25Rasputin77Posted 2/20/2013 10:29:53 AM
They were all liars.

Mommy and daddy said I'm their little prince, and in the world of the prince, everything the prince says is true... so therefore, all stories about selling a Wii U were complete boldfaced lies. So says the prince.

Hey. Would you like to see my dodgeball participation trophies? Or my 7th place ribbon from last year's Science Fair? I'm a winner at everything, and if I can't block out something I don't like, I have to call shenanigans on it due to my overwhelming sense of entitlement.

=D
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#26DiaperDandeePosted 2/20/2013 1:30:57 PM
Lefty128k posted...
DiaperDandee posted...
Too add to this topic, I don't think the people who think they are making Nintendo look stupid actually know they are the dumb ones for buying the system in the first place. It's always, "Yeah I sold the system because it is terrible" instead of "I'm dumb for spending $350 on a console and then selling it for much less; I clearly don't know how to properly use money".

Anyways, it pretty much boils down to idiots buying the system and selling it right away for a loss or people coming on here and lying about actually owning one.

No one could predict that Wii U would flop and lose third party games left and right.

If you buy a console and it ends up stinking, the more foolish move would be to keep it.

2-3 months is a long enough time to judge the consoles entire lifespan (this is sarcasm by the way). Nintendo has been about buying their systems for their first party support, why would anyone buy it for third party support? Again, buying it in the first place if Nintendo exclusives are the main reason for buying makes it a dumb decision to buy.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): Skyrim, The Witcher 2, ZombiU, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
#27hydrocrushPosted 2/20/2013 1:31:24 PM
Y34RX3R0 posted...
I would bet none were sold, they were all troll topics, made by teenagers with nothing better to do.

wrong they arent that old
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#28icarus231Posted 2/20/2013 1:32:43 PM
DDP886 posted...
I sold mine today

Yes you sold one for 250 without the controller and one for 200.
#29tizzywilkillyouPosted 2/20/2013 1:37:50 PM
sanas_thiritu posted...
I noticed that there were quite a few wii u selling topics here today. I'd like to know how many owners did that. so if you haven't moved on to other boards, please post why you did so

None. The topics were all made by trolls who never owned the console in the first place.

(Seriously, maybe a few.. but far fewer than the amount of topics created; that's for sure.)
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#30G1ingyPosted 2/20/2013 1:39:15 PM
Let's put it this way, unless you can manage to sell everything you bought back at full price, chances are anyone "special" enough to buy a console on release only to sell it for a fraction of it's price so soon after buying it probably don't have the money to afford the Wii U in the first place.

If anyone that "special" truly does exist, they'd be living in the streets by now.