Thinking of picking up some Wii games and just have a quick question

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 2/19/2013 4:04:07 PM
I'll almost certainly be picking up Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess to play on my Wii U soon, and was just wondering if there are any graphical or performance differences when played on the Wii U. I'm assuming it does not upscale to 1080p, but correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#2wingo84Posted 2/19/2013 4:11:43 PM
No upscalling but playing them on an HDTV means they will look more jaggy

not a big deal
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently doing nothing
#3IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/19/2013 4:12:35 PM(edited)
Literally the same as playing them on a HDTV through the Wii.

Edit: Except you can't use the superior GCN pad :C
#4FoppePosted 2/19/2013 4:12:39 PM
It renders the games in 480p and upscales them to whatever resolution you run your Wii U in.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5_Sovereign_Posted 2/19/2013 4:13:30 PM
Twilight Princess didn't age particularly well but Galaxy looks better through HDMI....No real graphical difference with TP, it's just old.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#6mjc0961Posted 2/19/2013 4:14:35 PM(edited)
Anyone who tells you that there's no upscaling has no idea what upscaling even is and should be ignored. The Wii U does upscale Wii games.

_Sovereign_ posted...
Twilight Princess didn't age particularly well but Galaxy looks better through HDMI....No real graphical difference with TP, it's just old.

No s***, it's a GameCube game.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#7SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:26:18 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...

Galaxy always was the one Wii game that I thought looked like it could have been on a next gen console. I'll definitely pick that up. Are there any other games that seem to benefit from, or look particularly bad, being played on the Wii U?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.