Which consoles do you intend to own this generation?

#41knightimexPosted 2/19/2013 8:07:15 PM
All 3 with 720 being a distant 3rd...
---
Old School Games FTW!
#42ValzacardXPosted 2/19/2013 8:33:41 PM
Like last Gen I intend to roll with a 360/Wii/PS combo. The used game thing is bothering me to much(feeling might change when the time is near an actully happens), as I have this HUGE backlog I can play in till games drop in price, or buy 1 get 1 deals and buy only my must have games at full price like I've done this Gen.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#43tooweakPosted 2/19/2013 8:52:14 PM
I've already got WiiU (and 3DS, DS, Vita, PS3, 360).
I'll probably get a PS4 unless Sony does something just completely and utterly stupid.

720 was in a perilous situation as I'm not a big fan of the direction they've been going the last 4 or so years (shooters, Kinect despite cheaping out on the hardware, and nongaming stuff like Netflix, Smartglass, etc). Their CONTINUED anti-gamer behavior like like canceling TFLO (98% complete xbox1 MMO, but voice chat wasn't good enough), refusing FF14 (out of greed for Gold Only or revenue share, this was pre-launch), and imprisoning Rayman Legends for half a year.

Crazy thing is, I'm not some Rayman fanboy. Honestly, I wasn't even planning to get Rayman Legends right away, as I know I'm going to be busy on EO4. I've actually put more time into the EO4 demo (or my first 2-3 days of Ni no Kuni earlier this month) than I have the entire Rayman series.
---
I think of what you told me/ however sad life seems/ that sometimes tears can turn to dreams.
#44Arcadia__personPosted 2/19/2013 9:54:28 PM
I've had both Nintendo and Xbox the last two generations, and I'll likely get a 720 this generation. I won't get it at launch most likely, but it just depends on what launch games it has. Launches on systems are sort of hit or miss. For instance, I liked the Wii U launch for Nintendoland, but I really should have waited until this year to pick up a 3DS. That thing would be collecting dust if I wasn't using it for streetpass.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#4540DribylfPosted 2/19/2013 10:17:47 PM
Microsoft has no interesting (to me) exclusives under their belt, so I'm probably not going to bother. They only have Halo, Gears, and Forza. Fable is destroyed, Rare is a shell of their former selves, and they don't have Bioware games under their banner anymore. "Third-party exclusives" don't mean a goddamn thing anymore either.

I'll only miss Forza, I love those games. I got my fill of Halo and I don't care for Gears anymore.

So I'm going PS4/Wii U.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#46xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/19/2013 10:42:07 PM
I'm quite shocked at the poll so far. I voted Wii U/720 and figured more would as well. I never play my PS3 and neither do any of my friends that own one. Surprised to see so many ppl looking forward to the PS4.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#47Shinobi120Posted 2/19/2013 11:03:47 PM
I'm definitely getting the Wii U later on down the road, especially with Nintendo's great 1st/2nd party games as well as guaranteed Japanese 3rd party support.

I like some of Sony's 1st & 2nd party games as well, like God of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, etc, but me getting a PS4 will determine if Sony doesn't do anything very stupid, like blocking used games.
#48ChipChippersonPosted 2/19/2013 11:19:55 PM
Just the U (and 3DS). I'm not interested enough in this hobby to justify multi console ownership anymore.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#49Sirian_HawkPosted 2/19/2013 11:47:13 PM
I can't say I intend to own either of the other two. Simply because I prefer to wait until I feel it is worth buying. So I may end up with all three or maybe just the one. I don't know yet.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#50SplatterHouse55Posted 2/20/2013 12:02:10 AM
I'll probably get a WiiU at the end of the year, and a 720 a year after launch. I love my 360, but there's no way I'm buying a MS system at launch after the whole RROD debacle.