Which consoles do you intend to own this generation?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which consoles do you intend to own this generation?

User Info: knightimex

4 years ago#41
All 3 with 720 being a distant 3rd...
Old School Games FTW!

User Info: ValzacardX

4 years ago#42
Like last Gen I intend to roll with a 360/Wii/PS combo. The used game thing is bothering me to much(feeling might change when the time is near an actully happens), as I have this HUGE backlog I can play in till games drop in price, or buy 1 get 1 deals and buy only my must have games at full price like I've done this Gen.
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement

User Info: tooweak

4 years ago#43
I've already got WiiU (and 3DS, DS, Vita, PS3, 360).
I'll probably get a PS4 unless Sony does something just completely and utterly stupid.

720 was in a perilous situation as I'm not a big fan of the direction they've been going the last 4 or so years (shooters, Kinect despite cheaping out on the hardware, and nongaming stuff like Netflix, Smartglass, etc). Their CONTINUED anti-gamer behavior like like canceling TFLO (98% complete xbox1 MMO, but voice chat wasn't good enough), refusing FF14 (out of greed for Gold Only or revenue share, this was pre-launch), and imprisoning Rayman Legends for half a year.

Crazy thing is, I'm not some Rayman fanboy. Honestly, I wasn't even planning to get Rayman Legends right away, as I know I'm going to be busy on EO4. I've actually put more time into the EO4 demo (or my first 2-3 days of Ni no Kuni earlier this month) than I have the entire Rayman series.
I think of what you told me/ however sad life seems/ that sometimes tears can turn to dreams.

User Info: Arcadia__person

4 years ago#44
I've had both Nintendo and Xbox the last two generations, and I'll likely get a 720 this generation. I won't get it at launch most likely, but it just depends on what launch games it has. Launches on systems are sort of hit or miss. For instance, I liked the Wii U launch for Nintendoland, but I really should have waited until this year to pick up a 3DS. That thing would be collecting dust if I wasn't using it for streetpass.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia

User Info: 40Dribylf

4 years ago#45
Microsoft has no interesting (to me) exclusives under their belt, so I'm probably not going to bother. They only have Halo, Gears, and Forza. Fable is destroyed, Rare is a shell of their former selves, and they don't have Bioware games under their banner anymore. "Third-party exclusives" don't mean a goddamn thing anymore either.

I'll only miss Forza, I love those games. I got my fill of Halo and I don't care for Gears anymore.

So I'm going PS4/Wii U.
I am hip

User Info: xLexLuth0rx

4 years ago#46
I'm quite shocked at the poll so far. I voted Wii U/720 and figured more would as well. I never play my PS3 and neither do any of my friends that own one. Surprised to see so many ppl looking forward to the PS4.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)

User Info: Shinobi120

4 years ago#47
I'm definitely getting the Wii U later on down the road, especially with Nintendo's great 1st/2nd party games as well as guaranteed Japanese 3rd party support.

I like some of Sony's 1st & 2nd party games as well, like God of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, etc, but me getting a PS4 will determine if Sony doesn't do anything very stupid, like blocking used games.

User Info: ChipChipperson

4 years ago#48
Just the U (and 3DS). I'm not interested enough in this hobby to justify multi console ownership anymore.
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.

User Info: Sirian_Hawk

4 years ago#49
I can't say I intend to own either of the other two. Simply because I prefer to wait until I feel it is worth buying. So I may end up with all three or maybe just the one. I don't know yet.
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.

User Info: SplatterHouse55

4 years ago#50
I'll probably get a WiiU at the end of the year, and a 720 a year after launch. I love my 360, but there's no way I'm buying a MS system at launch after the whole RROD debacle.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which consoles do you intend to own this generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived