Is there any point downloading Virtual Console games on the Wii anymore?

#1Dizzy_KronicPosted 2/19/2013 4:07:32 PM
I really wanted to play Breath of Fire for SNES, but with the impending release of the WiiU Virtual Console, would this be pointless? Or is there even any guarantee all titles will transfer over?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 2/19/2013 4:10:16 PM(edited)
far too long a wait for the titles people actually want to be released imo. i'd rather just buy a cart of the old game than wait 2 years for them to release a title i want that may or may not show on vc. plus you don't even know which games will be upgraded, so there's even less reason.
#3darkjedilinkPosted 2/19/2013 4:09:59 PM
There is no guarantee that BoF will be on the eShop. As such, if you want it RIGHT NOW, buy it on the Wii Shop Channel. Otherwise, wait and see.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/19/2013 4:13:58 PM
I don't know enough to say one way or the other if all titles on the Wii VC will make it to the Wii U VC, but I would imagine that most, if not all would.

As for the topic question, I'd say no. You might as well wait for games to hit the Wii U VC, unless they're not available when it does release and there's no info as to when they're coming out. It's unlikely that save data from a Wii VC game will work with a Wii U VC game, so it wouldn't be very productive to start a game on the Wii VC, then buy the Wii U version if it means starting from the beginning.

Also, as far as I know, Breath of Fire isn't on the VC, but BoF2 is, which is one of my top SNES favorites.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5Dizzy_Kronic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:31:12 PM
Oh really? I remember playing Breath of Fire 2 in 6th grade, it was my very first RPG and I loved the gameplay style. Just figured I'd try the first one if it was available, if not I'll grab BOF2.
#6AmakusaPosted 2/19/2013 4:54:24 PM
The original Breath of Fire has some legal wranglings involved in it-- it's owned by Capcom, but Square translated it. If Capcom wanted to release it they'd have to give Square Enix money or do their own translation (even less likely).
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#7emayerPosted 2/19/2013 5:15:28 PM
No one really knows how Nintendo is going to handle the VC release schedule for Wii U. I doubt that every NES and SNES title that's already available in the Wii Shop Channel will be in the eShop on Day 1. If Nintendo decides to implement the same slow trickle of games that they've done before, it could take years for it to appear in the eShop. I'd say if you really want to play this game, just get the Wii version now.
#8ElectricMolePosted 2/19/2013 5:16:46 PM
Funny part is you'll have to keep rebuying them or paying the transfer fee for every new nintendo system from now to forever.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#9ADHDguitarPosted 2/19/2013 5:17:28 PM
Do you have a DS fat or lite?

Get the gba port, it's nice.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#10Dizzy_Kronic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 5:34:41 PM
Nope, I don't have any handhelds.