Do you? - Results (244 votes)
Yes
40.16% (98 votes)
No
56.97% (139 votes)
Other (somehow)
2.87% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, the latest rumors about the PS4 say it will be able to be "mirrored" on a tablet, which to me sounds like essentially the same thing as Wii U's off-TV play but without buttons (unless you get one of those new "gaming tablets" that are supposedly in development). This reminds me of claims I heard back when the SmartGlass was first announced, and how it would render the Wii U obsolete because "everybody already owns a tablet".

Now, there are plenty of flaws in treating the Wii U's gamepad as just a tablet, but at the moment I'm interested in examining their claims that "everybody owns a tablet". I, for one, have never met somebody who either owns a tablet or has any intention of owning one. So, if a system offered a feature that required a tablet, would you be in a position to treat it as a free bonus, or would it be something you wouldn't be able to use without paying an extra however-much-tablets-cost?
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/19/2013 11:02:47 PM
Nah, them things are expensive, and if I did get one I wouldn't settle for a cheap one.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/19/2013 11:02:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4blue_hedgehogPosted 2/19/2013 11:10:19 PM
My dad wanted a tablet but didn't want to pay out of the ass for an ipad so he got some ipad knock off running android from china. Apps run poorly on it and he hardly uses it now.
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#5Xenesis XenonPosted 2/19/2013 11:10:21 PM
I have a laptop.

I have no need for a tablet which does all the things I'd do on a laptop, but worse.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#6Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:18:47 PM(edited)
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Bacon Bacon Bacon Bacon Bacon. annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddd pancakesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/Topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO5U_uN7DQ&t=8s

So how much do tablets cost, anyway? Since so far it seems most people don't own one (well, most of the twelve people who answered), I want to know what the "extra cost" for those features would be. I could do some cursory research myself, but I'm not the best at shopping around for a good price, and I know PC gamers at least hate to be told that a gaming PC costs more than what they could pay for it.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#7Board_hunter567Posted 2/19/2013 11:18:15 PM
Nope.
I own an Android powered smartphone that I use as a sort of mini tablet though.
#8Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 11:21:33 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Nope.
I own an Android powered smartphone that I use as a sort of mini tablet though.

Mm-hmm, I've heard the same people say "everybody owns a smartphone", and while that's definitely far from true, there are certainly enough that I won't go out of my way to argue against it. Which just makes it seem less likely to me that everyone would own a tablet, when it's apparently just a larger version of something else everyone allegedly owns. Not that I would know too much about the subject.
---
#9Tsutarja495Posted 2/19/2013 11:22:09 PM
No, I already have a laptop, I don't see the point. Besides, no buttons? Touch controls for everything? Couldn't do it, same reason I have a regular cell phone instead of one of those smartphone things that are nothing but touchscreen.

That's not to say I hate touchscreens altogether, I'm fine with them in gaming since it doesn't require typing for the most part.
#10EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/19/2013 11:22:45 PM
Yep. iPad 2.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223 Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0519-6722-9989
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!