Do you own a tablet?

#51NarutoPosted 2/20/2013 12:54:13 PM
LiteMatter posted...
ipod touch 4th gen, and an iphone 5. Oh and a vita if you call that a tablet.
Those aren't tablets.

helldew posted...
I have a drawing a real tablet AKA a drawing tablet that actaully serves a proper function due to me being a professional artist. which is nothing remotely close to the new definintion of a tablet. (its a piece of plastic with a pen).
Personally, I hate the disconnect between drawing on a piece of plastic and looking at a screen to see what you've drawn. I prefer drawing on the screen, either with a tablet or those pen display monitors.
#52RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/20/2013 1:01:12 PM
Other: My sister owns an iPad I could borrow if necessary
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#53IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/20/2013 1:01:57 PM
LiteMatter posted...
ipod touch 4th gen, and an iphone 5. Oh and a vita if you call that a tablet.
Those aren't tablets.

helldew posted...
I have a drawing a real tablet AKA a drawing tablet that actaully serves a proper function due to me being a professional artist. which is nothing remotely close to the new definintion of a tablet. (its a piece of plastic with a pen).
Personally, I hate the disconnect between drawing on a piece of plastic and looking at a screen to see what you've drawn. I prefer drawing on the screen, either with a tablet or those pen display monitors.

Agreed, Wacoms and such are annoying to use.
#54DTY3Posted 2/20/2013 1:17:08 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I'm at a loss here, maybe somebody here can help me. What's the point of owning a tablet if you have a smart phone?

MUCH bigger screen. Watching movies or reading books on a phone is annoying.

Between my phone, TV, laptop, and desktop, do I REALLY need a slightly larger screen?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#55JackalPosted 2/20/2013 1:20:21 PM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
I'm at a loss here, maybe somebody here can help me. What's the point of owning a tablet if you have a smart phone?

Between my phone, TV, laptop, and desktop, do I REALLY need a slightly larger screen?

Only if you get tired of pinch zooming on phone screens. Honestly, the 7" screens are a bit too small.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#56rafiiillaPosted 2/20/2013 1:20:21 PM
No, and I don't think I need one having a decent smartphone and a decent laptop... if I didn't have a smartphone I would buy one (smartphone) instead of a tablet :P
---
NNID: rafiiilla
#57DTY3Posted 2/20/2013 1:20:58 PM
Jackal posted...
DTY3 posted...

Only if you get tired of pinch zooming on phone screens. Hoestly, the 7" screens are a bit too small.

I say having a phone, tablet, and computer is just unecessary. Especially considering the tablet is like a gimped mixture of the two.

It's like the Wii situation having all those controllers.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#58IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/20/2013 1:22:26 PM

Do you read books on any of those? How about watch movies (portably)? There are reasons for tablets, even if it's just a more comfortable media consumption
#59DTY3Posted 2/20/2013 1:25:48 PM

Do you read books on any of those? How about watch movies (portably)? There are reasons for tablets, even if it's just a more comfortable media consumption

I'm not plopping tablet money to read books at a slightly better rate. Especially since again, my laptop can do those things. If I'm going to watch an actual movie, I'm gonna either watch it on the big screen or on a computer.

It's like the Google Street U argument. I can just do that on another device.
---
#60IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/20/2013 1:58:09 PM

I'm not plopping tablet money to read books at a slightly better rate. Especially since again, my laptop can do those things. If I'm going to watch an actual movie, I'm gonna either watch it on the big screen or on a computer.

It's like the Google Street U argument. I can just do that on another device.

Reading books on a laptop sucks. Watching movies on one sucks as well. :/

But hey, your money, your decisions.