No Off TV play for Monster Hunter

#21FFXIgaiaknightPosted 2/20/2013 8:38:32 AM
this doesnt honestly bother me most of my time playing this game is gonna spent using the pro controller cause it has a better battery life.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#22NerdstickPosted 2/20/2013 8:46:36 AM
GEKGanon posted...
If the game is built around the Wii U gamepad to function a certain way, then off-tv play becomes increasingly less feasible. Maybe Monster Hunter is just one of those games that uses the controller in such a way, off TV play becomes a horrific mess.

Except no, it isn't, Tri was a single screen game. The 3DS version uses the second screen for very important things like:
1) Minimap! Which is..normally on the screen. 2) Virtual D-Pad! For non-CPP users. Probably not in the WiiU version. 3) Items! Which is again normally on the screen.

All they 'might' have done is move some of the GUI options off the screen and onto the gamepad. And I say might because it's still visible on-screen in the damned recordings! Talk about pointless. Do you really want to take your eyes off the screen to see your item window on the gamepad? Probably not.

Real answer: Incompetence/Lazy Port of a 3DS game, and the lack of the feature is inexcusable, /imo. The only other possibility is greed, that they want you to buy both copies of the game to play it off-tv.

I bought my WiiU for MH3, but no way am I shelling out $60 when they can't even support something as basic as off-tv play.
#23thenavysfinest7Posted 2/20/2013 8:48:40 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yep, pretty sad they can't be bothered to add 2 lines of code.

Please! Tell us more about all of your video game development experience!
---
XBL GT:KidKreole PSN:RoflJosh
If you believe in a "Console War", YOU are whats wrong with America.
#24DeathSnipe777Posted 2/20/2013 8:49:04 AM

Basically. If you wanna have off-tv play, you need to buy the 3DS version.

Typical Capcom, though. They had to mess something up eventually. Hopefully after the announcements of region locking and no off-tv play they have nothing else to mess up.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#25GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/20/2013 8:51:23 AM
Off TV play is like the 3DSs 3d gimmick.

As in, expect it to just fade away entirely since no one wants to be bothered putting it in their games since its extra work.

See this is why consoles suck. Lots of gimmicks and lies, and unsupported 'revolutionary features'

You shouldn't be able to call something a 'feature' if it only works on a few games and then never again. This bull**** is beyond old
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#26IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/20/2013 8:54:28 AM
thenavysfinest7 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Please! Tell us more about all of your video game development experience!

Just going by what other developers said and how it took them 5 minutes to get the game on the Upad :)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10