Gonna buy a Wii U today, is this the best deal?

#1DaProphecy84Posted 2/20/2013 4:50:16 AM
Gamestop has the ZombiU Deluxe for $389.99.

I'd link the page, but not sure how that lines up with the mods. Anyway it comes with;

Wii U Deluxe Set
ZombiU game
1 - Black Wii U Pro Controller
Collectible booklet featuring artwork from the game and never-before-seen developer commentary
Nintendo Land - Downloadable game

I plan on then swinging over to Best Buy and going with their B1G1 half off. Picking up Mario and putting the rest towards Monster Hunter.

Is this currently the best and cheapest way to jump in?
#2SocranPosted 2/20/2013 5:03:12 AM(edited)
If you planned on getting both ZombiU and the Pro Controller, yes, it's probably the best deal you're gonna get for a while. Some people will say to wait for a price drop, but it's unlikely to happen before winter at the absolute earliest, and if they're somehow forced to drop it sooner than that, they'll likely give early adopters something as compensation similar to the Ambassador Program on the 3DS.

However, I'm not sure if any "buy one get one" offers allow for pre-orders as part of the deal. Monster Hunter doesn't come out until March.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3JoeHigashi2000Posted 2/20/2013 7:23:05 AM
For what you get with it compared to buying them seperate, yes it is.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210