... Now I remember why I don't like F-Zero

#11manjiPosted 2/20/2013 11:56:10 AM
let go of the acceleration button or use the shoulder buttons and that should help for sharp corners or avoiding other racers.
#12STN79Posted 2/20/2013 12:02:11 PM
Only problem i had with it was four lousy racers. Even when F-zero first released many other racing games had more vehicles. Super Mario Kart even had more. Guess they needed more space in F-zero for the fancy Mode 7 stuff. You think this one's hard try GX on Gamecube. To this day i never unlocked everything.
#13MctiasPosted 2/20/2013 12:02:35 PM
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them.
#14The_Shadow_LinkPosted 2/20/2013 12:10:40 PM
Well, you can get through a race without taking damage if you are skilled enough. The AI is agressive, but it is do-able, for sure.

Blue Shells though in Mario Kart? Your at the mercy of the Random Number Gods if you want even the chance to avoid them.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#15CranberryPSOPosted 2/20/2013 12:12:05 PM
F-Zero like many games has a learning curve. Few people are going to pick up the game and immediately be a master at it, even though on the Internet you have a lot of people that pretend they are the gods of a game and claim they aced it in 2 minutes.

I've never liked it when someone asks for help on something, and peope respond with snide remarks such as "Just play better." Maybe it's the FAQ writer in me, but I loath those kind of answers. It would be like if my boss tactic in a guide I write is "If you are having trouble with this guy stop sucking and play better."

Things that some people find easy, other people find hard. We all have differnt skillsets in these games and some things come more naturally than others.

I was surprised when people claimed Burnerman was difficult on Rockman & Forte because I didn't have difficulty with him. But I"m also a pretty accomplished Megaman fan, and I'm pretty good at pattern recognition and I quickly determined his pattern and adapted to it. I would never scorn someone else for finding him tough.

That said, the way the topic creator approached this could have been different too.

I'd say my advice for him is to try out the various vehicles and see if you find one that handles better than the one you are currently driving. You might be in a car that's not a good fit for you. Practice, practice, practice too. Games aren't meant to be mastered in a single sitting. You'll learn little nuances and gradually understand the finer control points for your vehicle as you continue to get familiar with it. Don't stress it if you take some hits, that's what the recharge areas are for. Give it time, and you'll get the hang of it.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#16meiyukiPosted 2/20/2013 12:25:15 PM
CranberryPSO posted...

I've never liked it when someone asks for help on something, and peope respond with snide remarks such as "Just play better." Maybe it's the FAQ writer in me, but I loath those kind of answers. It would be like if my boss tactic in a guide I write is "If you are having trouble with this guy stop sucking and play better."

Things that some people find easy, other people find hard. We all have differnt skillsets in these games and some things come more naturally than others.

I think it has a lot to do with the person asking for the help, or not asking. I mean the TC basically says "omg I hate this game it's impossible" yeah no it's not, play better. On the other hand someone saying "I'm really having trouble with this game and I don't understand it, any tips?" The second person is going to get much better advice.

I mean specially when it comes to vc games when you're declaring a game impossible you're likely talking to a bunch of people who beat the game or got pretty good at it when they were children. How hard can something be at the end of the day if children are figuring it out? So they just end up coming off as some self-important brat who thinks he's the greatest gamer and if can't do something clearly no one can, and it just might be possible they're not as good as they think they are. So to a large extent people are going to get the response they ask for.
#17CranberryPSOPosted 2/20/2013 12:43:51 PM
That is a good point, and I only lightly touched upon that in my message. The topic creator certainly could have gone about this a lot better.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#18InfamouslyNycePosted 2/20/2013 12:49:03 PM
^well thought and written post. It did not go ignored.

And in regards to TC's disposition this game is difficult, but its not impossible to beat ghosts. Compared to myself when the game originally released, I'm good now. No problem putting up nice times.

It doesn't drive like racing games designed around an analog stick. You don't generally have to hold down on the button to turn but instead, tap them. Let go of the accelerater when coming up on tight turns, rubberband out of them. Its much more beneficial to go slow through turns, as opposed to speeding and crashing into a wall.

Apexing turns has an awesome rule in this game, most of the corners are tight, often 90 degrees. If you pay attenetion to the lines you take on the track, you can find a lot of straight lines through the corners.

The L and R buttons allow your machine to grip, or drift(slide). Find which one works best for you. With rubberbanding you'll be good in no time.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
#192wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:24:33 PM
Thanks to the guys who gave real answers. I'll admit that I may have let my frustration do the talking at first, but now It's been a few hours and I calmed down after some Fire Emblem Awakening.

I never really thought of slowing down for sharp turns, since Mario Kart taught me to drift instead of brake.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#20xerofyre0Posted 2/20/2013 1:37:41 PM
Yea take finger off accelleration and use shoulder buttons to slide left and right. It takes a bit if practice
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html