remember back when people bought consoles to play games?

#1Big_IsaacPosted 2/20/2013 1:14:55 PM
I miss those times.
those simpler days when consoles didn't desperately and uselessly tried to compete with PCs.

I have no doubt that the PS4 will allow you to check your e-mail, browse the web on its tablet dual shock (that's tablet dual shock, not tablet controller. it's completely different), watch TV, listen to music, do your taxes and make coffee.
and if we're really lucky, it will also play video games.

oh well, at least Nintendo is behind the times as usual and puts the game aspect of their GAME console into the forefront.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2DaiohmaPosted 2/20/2013 1:21:11 PM
Still have my older systems hooked up and to be honest I probably play them more than the newer ones.

I buy games consoles to play games.
Not once have I used my 360 for any of the other things it can do.
Just want to play games on them.

Pc/Laptop for everything else.
#3DTY3Posted 2/20/2013 1:23:45 PM
Well considering smartphones nowadays are making it pretty tough to actually make a call....unless you have the latest up to date model.

And I really wish I didnt have to say that, but recently my Galaxy S has been giving me a "Dialer is not responding" message for trying to make a damn call ffs.

Not to mention the random freezing at the lock screen.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4DDP886Posted 2/20/2013 1:24:33 PM
Bump
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#5b1gt0nePosted 2/20/2013 1:24:42 PM
That's why I love my Nintendos.
#6hijokaidenPosted 2/20/2013 1:26:00 PM
The Wii U, Vita and 3DS have no games (well technically the Vita and 3DS have plenty of games, but which are Japan Onry).
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#7BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/20/2013 1:32:06 PM
hijokaiden posted...
The Wii U, Vita and 3DS have no games (well technically the Vita and 3DS have plenty of games, but which are Japan Onry).

Im not sure what game lists you're looking at but they all have plenty of games.
---
Greatness comes from within
#8pokemonfreak97Posted 2/20/2013 1:42:22 PM
hijokaiden posted...

Wii U might be a little short on games.

Don't know much about the Vita

3DS is fine.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#9Big_Isaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:43:36 PM
WiiU: games are announced and on their way
Vita: *tumble weed* *sound of crickets *
3DS: oh, so it's a joke post. nevermind
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#10The_BoredomsPosted 2/20/2013 1:45:42 PM
The Wii U does pretty much all the things you're complaining about.