This is the only issue I see...

#11FF_FiendPosted 2/20/2013 5:07:55 PM
Remembrent posted...
I'm curious why so many 3rd parties are staying away from the Wii U. Is it a dev issue? Is porting to the Wii U really that huge of an issue?

PS4 is a supercharged PC. Developing for it is going to be so easy. Wii U has all sorts of odd quirks about it that make it a fascinating system to play, but probably a difficult one to develop for. Multi-platform games really have to tailor their games to meet Nintendo's new functionality. You have that gamepad to consider, the unique operating system and CPU. It's almost like developing with more than one console in mind.

That said, I want to keep playing my Wii U for the classic Nintendo franchises that I'll never give up on. When it comes to who's going to have more developers behind it though, answer should be pretty straightforward.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#12AiddonPosted 2/20/2013 5:08:02 PM
Soccer_is_Best posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
The Wii U is only about 80% as powerful as the PS3, so it can't quite handle it.

I'm pretty sure the Wii U is as at least equal in power.

Actually, no one 100% knows just how powerful the Wii U is. It's architecture is very easy to develop for and powerful, but no one's quite sure how far it can go. I remember Digital Foundry TRIED to dissect things, but they were very successful as there are some parts of the system that they really don't know how to evaluate. It'll be a mystery for awhile longer.
#13Soccer_is_Best(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 5:09:18 PM
Remembrent posted...
I bought a Wii U fully expecting things to take off about a year later, but some of these stories (EA - it's a huge issue, regardless of the fanboys saying otherwise) and lack of ports has me somewhat disappointed.

I would love for Nintendo to come out and do something about this. I don't know what, but they can't go into this new gen with so little 3rd party support.

I'm giving Nintendo until this year's E3, if 3rd party support looks bleak, I will then consider buy another console for 3rd parties. Until then, I will keep my hopes up.
---
Nintendo's E3 2012 presentation was just weird and awkward. 95% of the games at launch look promising though.
#14SocranPosted 2/20/2013 5:12:25 PM
Third parties stay away from Nintendo consoles because they're not "trendy". Sony and Microsoft systems are considered "cool", and generally have a larger install base. The Wii was the exception when it came to sales, but the particular audience it sold to wasn't considered "cool", and didn't buy the "cool" games these developers made.

It has nothing to do with what the system is actually capable of, only what the players flock towards. The capabilities of the console are only there to try to get players to flock in one direction or another.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#15RemembrentPosted 2/20/2013 5:13:45 PM
Soccer_is_Best posted...
Remembrent posted...
I bought a Wii U fully expecting things to take off about a year later, but some of these stories (EA - it's a huge issue, regardless of the fanboys saying otherwise) and lack of ports has me somewhat disappointed.

I would love for Nintendo to come out and do something about this. I don't know what, but they can't go into this new gen with so little 3rd party support.

I'm giving Nintendo until this year's E3, if 3rd party support looks bleak, I will then consider buy another console for 3rd parties. Until then, I will keep my hopes up.

I'll be honest - I'm solely interested in Lego City because there's nothing else out. My past self would laugh at my future self for even thinking that game would be interesting.

I just want to see something outside of Mario. Games like Xenoblade, Little King's Story, etc made the Wii worth it for me. Sure, I liked Galaxy 1/2, but... it's the same old.

Here's hoping :\
#16Skill4ReelPosted 2/20/2013 5:24:42 PM
Soccer_is_Best posted...
Diablo 3 is on the PS4, along with PS3. WHAT? The Wii U along with it's Gamepad is PERFECT for an RPG. Seriously, if a RPG company can't see what the Wii U has to offer with the Gampad, it could pose an issue.

Sony and Blizzard made a deal. In other words, money was dispersed. One of the big reasons the Wii U isn't getting 3rd party support is because deals are not being made for whatever reason.

I'm starting to question Nintendo of America's purpose. We already know of two potential Ubisoft games that fell through as exclusives. Why is this happening? What is Nintendo not doing on the business side?