*Sits alone at the "Team Star Fox for Wii U table*

#1StellaLunarisPosted 2/20/2013 5:23:17 PM
The touch screen could add so much! Weapon switching! Radars!

We had three reps in Brawlllllll... *Sobs and chugs more cinnamon schnapps* My mouth tastes like Solar.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/20/2013 5:24:12 PM
Star Fox 64 is in my top 5 games of all time.

I want another game, now.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3Enigma149Posted 2/20/2013 5:24:57 PM
StellaLunaris posted...

We had three reps in Brawlllllll... *Sobs and chugs more cinnamon schnapps* My mouth tastes like Solar.

You mean...real time weapon-change?!?!
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#4StellaLunaris(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 5:26:05 PM
Enigma149 posted...
StellaLunaris posted...

You mean...real time weapon-change?!?!

Well, we DID have the Death Crab in Command...*Hic*
#5bskiffingtonPosted 2/20/2013 5:28:15 PM
The issue here, at least for me, is that there isn't a huge reason for Nintendo to justify another Star Fox. I mean, the games are great and it definitely has it's fans, but aside from the original and SF64, no other game in the series has sold more than a million units. Combine that with the low install base of the Wii U at the moment and it doesn't seem worth it.

That's not to say the game wouldn't be good and that it wouldn't sell good, just based off of the preiously released games in the series, if it only sold, for example, 680k on a system with as big of an install base as the Gamecube (big in comparison to the Wii U, at least), how low would it sell on the Wii U? The timing just isn't right, at least for now.
#6koolguy5Posted 2/20/2013 5:31:02 PM
Yes im really looking forward to that as well! Hopefully Nintendo's habit of keeping close to the vest pays out for them with a positive response, if they do announce it
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#7sonicsonicPosted 2/20/2013 5:33:32 PM
Retro are making it. Mark my words.
#8ChipChippersonPosted 2/20/2013 5:42:00 PM
bskiffington posted...
The issue here, at least for me, is that there isn't a huge reason for Nintendo to justify another Star Fox. I mean, the games are great and it definitely has it's fans, but aside from the original and SF64, no other game in the series has sold more than a million units. Combine that with the low install base of the Wii U at the moment and it doesn't seem worth it.

That's not to say the game wouldn't be good and that it wouldn't sell good, just based off of the preiously released games in the series, if it only sold, for example, 680k on a system with as big of an install base as the Gamecube (big in comparison to the Wii U, at least), how low would it sell on the Wii U? The timing just isn't right, at least for now.

If anything I think they should produce the game as a technological showcase akin to how the original on SNES made jaws drop, just something that dazzles those on the fence about the console. Most of Nintendo's IPs are titles that are already preaching to the converted, they're sorely lacking an attention getter.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/20/2013 5:52:14 PM
I think a new Star Fox should be made.
And here's how it should be done.
Have Joss Whedon, and would take influence from things such as Firefly, Star Trek, Aliens, and a few notes from Mass Effect.

The plot would be a reboot of the series, and would combine both the stories of SF64, and SF2 (*such as Fox's ending involving him slowly walking into the sunset, while he ponders what it means to be a warrior... I might be thinking of a different SF2...).

Have the game itself co-developed by Platinum, and Treasure.
Platinum would handle the on-foot segments.
The on-foot segments would have you switching between playing as Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Panther (it's a reboot, liberties can be taken). Each character possesses a unique moveset, and can utilize different weapons, but each one is also capable of using the environment to subdue baddies.

During cutscenes, there would be moments where the player will be allowed to decide how Fox or Wolf interact with other characters. This will decide what stages you go to, and what character you will be playing as later. It will also impact the story.

The parts designed by Treasure, are the Arwing sections. Each level from both SF64, SF, and SF2, are recreated in HD. Some levels would be combined (such as Corneria from Sf and SF64).
This will be the standard SF fare. Shoot enemies, and protect your three wingmen.
The only major difference here, is that you'll be switching between playing as the Star Fox team, and Wolf's group, every once-in-a-while.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#10bskiffingtonPosted 2/20/2013 5:53:09 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
bskiffington posted...

If anything I think they should produce the game as a technological showcase akin to how the original on SNES made jaws drop, just something that dazzles those on the fence about the console. Most of Nintendo's IPs are titles that are already preaching to the converted, they're sorely lacking an attention getter.

I agree with everything you said.