So much for the whole "PS4 Graphics is going to DESTROY Wii U Graphics"

#161Oni_TaedoPosted 2/21/2013 12:05:28 AM
Sudieken posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
ArmaL1te posted...
Dack_Lancer posted...
yet pokemon and smash bros alot can kill all other console market games lmao keep tryin and i have all 3 systems my ps3 is only used to play

music
tales of graces
gundam vs gundam

Is Pokemon even on the Wii U? Also Smash Bros isn't even a competitive fighter compared to PS3 and 360 fighters, all Nintendo has is Smash Bros.

SSBM is a much more technical and competitive fighter than most other fighting games made in the past ten years. The only games that beat it in that aspect, are Skullgirls and TvC. Man, I do love playing TvC on my console. Don't you love playing TvC on your PS3? Oh, what's that? You CAN'T play TvC on your PS3? All you're stuck with is UMvC3, and that mediocre SFXT. How's that bad boxart Megaman goin' for you guys? Yeah, TvC's got the real deal. Oh, and a Zero that ISN'T nerfed to balls.

Also, yeah, PS3 is a great music player. Great for movies too, but lack of MKV support tees me off. I'm sort of hankering to watch all of Shin Cutie Honey right now, and my PS3 won't seem to let me, unless I stream it from my PC, but then I have to put up with iffy framerate, and I won't be able to switch languages, or setup subtitles, so I'd be stuck with it in one language. The Wii can do that though, through modding, but it can do that. I'm sorry, but if the PS3 "Only does Everything", why can't it play MKVs?
Surely Sony knows about this.

(I wasn't 100% serious with that first part; but if you want to act like an ignoramus, prepare to be corrected, or outmatched. Nintendo has plenty of fighters on it's console. It has Smash Bros. Every MK with the exception of two have been on Nintendo consoles, Guilty Gear (if you like that trash), KoF (almost the entire series, up to, and including 11, I'm pretty sure), Samsho, Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, it has them. They don't need online. Online is a silly, and trivial gimmick. It is a gimmick. When I first heard of it, I was excited. I wanted to try it out. Why would I want to send trash talk back and forth, when I can do the same thing with the person right beside me, and then proceed to punch them in the abdomen if they manage to somehow offend me (which take a lot, actually) And as I stated, it has the best: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Why have a PB&J sandwich, when you can have a steak... in a silly bird costume...

I was serious about SFXT though, that game is crap. Second worst fighting game I've ever played. BlazBlue (pronounced as Blahzbloo, there is no E. I don't care how they pronounce it in game, they're wrong. It's basic English. The E brings out the A sound) is easily the worst.

Hey bud, I know you're super mad and everything, but let's not drag BlazBlue into this. Great series btw.

No it isn't. It plays like a toned down Guilty Gear, which also wasn't very good.
It's art design is pure garbage. It looks like it's trying too hard to be some generic animu.
Mind you, Arksys isn't a very good developer anyways. They made a Fist of the North Star game that makes Koei's look like GotY material, and somehow made Persona 4 suck even more.

And anyone who can honestly stomach BlazBlue's bland, generic art style is probably one of those same people that can say, "Naruto and Evangelion are seriously well written, and should be om nom nominated for Oscars."
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#162MewtwoExPosted 2/21/2013 12:05:39 AM
I love how the ponies and xbots came to the Nintendo boards because they realized their systems werent as advanced as they thought, now they are damage controlling out of fear because games like Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Ninja Gaiden, Assassins Creed, etc are being ported to the WIiU as well, and Nintendo taking their series like Bayonetta and Monster Hunter.

they are doomed!

We will get the best 3rd party support and also have the best 1st party

Its obvious Nintendo will win this gen too

Wii outsold the PS3, check
DS outsold the PSP, check
3DS outsold the Vita, mega epic check

Welcome to the future where sony ponies cry :)
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#163FearPotionPosted 2/21/2013 12:06:30 AM
LMAO!

If you can't see the gigantic leap between the two, then you need some new glasses.
#164jillwarrenPosted 2/21/2013 12:08:04 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
midgar posted...
yet pokemon and smash bros alot can kill all other console market games lmao keep tryin and i have all 3 systems my ps3 is only used to play

music
tales of graces
gundam vs gundam

Damn dude, that is SAD. Just give your PS3 to a gamer and buy yourself a decent smartphone for music. :/

No, he's using it to the best of it's potential.
He's probably already played all 40 games worth playing from last gen's HD offerings.

And if you're going to bring someone's status as a gamer into question, you might want to make sure you don't have an FF7-related username. Only good FF, was FF6.

About 7 other FF games would like a word with you...
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#165GdboyratedloudPosted 2/21/2013 12:08:31 AM
Lol @ calling someone a Nintendrone yet advertising a Wii friend code/3ds friend code in sig. LMFAO
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
List of drones exposed: SSJ4CHRIS
#166Oni_TaedoPosted 2/21/2013 12:10:06 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
ArmaL1te posted...
Dack_Lancer posted...

music
tales of graces
gundam vs gundam

Is Pokemon even on the Wii U? Also Smash Bros isn't even a competitive fighter compared to PS3 and 360 fighters, all Nintendo has is Smash Bros.

SSBM is a much more technical and competitive fighter than most other fighting games made in the past ten years. The only games that beat it in that aspect, are Skullgirls and TvC. Man, I do love playing TvC on my console. Don't you love playing TvC on your PS3? Oh, what's that? You CAN'T play TvC on your PS3? All you're stuck with is UMvC3, and that mediocre SFXT. How's that bad boxart Megaman goin' for you guys? Yeah, TvC's got the real deal. Oh, and a Zero that ISN'T nerfed to balls.

Also, yeah, PS3 is a great music player. Great for movies too, but lack of MKV support tees me off. I'm sort of hankering to watch all of Shin Cutie Honey right now, and my PS3 won't seem to let me, unless I stream it from my PC, but then I have to put up with iffy framerate, and I won't be able to switch languages, or setup subtitles, so I'd be stuck with it in one language. The Wii can do that though, through modding, but it can do that. I'm sorry, but if the PS3 "Only does Everything", why can't it play MKVs?
Surely Sony knows about this.

(I wasn't 100% serious with that first part; but if you want to act like an ignoramus, prepare to be corrected, or outmatched. Nintendo has plenty of fighters on it's console. It has Smash Bros. Every MK with the exception of two have been on Nintendo consoles, Guilty Gear (if you like that trash), KoF (almost the entire series, up to, and including 11, I'm pretty sure), Samsho, Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, it has them. They don't need online. Online is a silly, and trivial gimmick. It is a gimmick. When I first heard of it, I was excited. I wanted to try it out. Why would I want to send trash talk back and forth, when I can do the same thing with the person right beside me, and then proceed to punch them in the abdomen if they manage to somehow offend me (which take a lot, actually) And as I stated, it has the best: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Why have a PB&J sandwich, when you can have a steak... in a silly bird costume...

I was serious about SFXT though, that game is crap. Second worst fighting game I've ever played. BlazBlue (pronounced as Blahzbloo, there is no E. I don't care how they pronounce it in game, they're wrong. It's basic English. The E brings out the A sound) is easily the worst.

Your opinion on fighting games is correct. Boy if you think Bros is deep then Virtua Fighter 5, P4A, KoF13, and Tekken would blow your mind.

Tekken has depth, but it's mechanics are awful. 3D fighters generally are.
P4A, is also awful. Arksys can't develop to save their lives.
VF5 rocks hardcore. I have it, and have gotten every trophy, it's great.
KoF13, haven't played a KoF since 11, but I hear 13 is good.

But SSBM is still more competitive than any of those. I've never seen any VF5, Tekken, or P4A tourneys, even in arcades that have their respective machines. Mind you, I've seen many arcades set up gamecubes or Wiis, just for SSBM/B.

And I have a few arcades nearby. One of them actually houses SSBM tournaments on the first Sunday of every month. A SSFIV tourney here or there. But where I am, SSBM is the king of the tourney scene.
---
#167TrixonePosted 2/21/2013 12:19:11 AM
I looked up the word 'denial,' and google redirected me here. Anybody saying those demos were nothing special are talking out of their asses. I'll wait for what the next xbox is capable of doing, the more competition the better. Too bad nintendo lagged behind. Bye bye.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#168Oni_TaedoPosted 2/21/2013 12:19:13 AM
jillwarren posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
midgar posted...

music
tales of graces
gundam vs gundam

Damn dude, that is SAD. Just give your PS3 to a gamer and buy yourself a decent smartphone for music. :/

No, he's using it to the best of it's potential.
He's probably already played all 40 games worth playing from last gen's HD offerings.

And if you're going to bring someone's status as a gamer into question, you might want to make sure you don't have an FF7-related username. Only good FF, was FF6.

About 7 other FF games would like a word with you...

They can all suck a fat one.
FF6 is the best FF, and the only one worth reading, er, playing. Can you call it that?
No, I suppose you can't. FF's characters are either cliche anime archetypes, or just aren't all that interesting. FF6 used those archetypes, but they actually tried to flesh the characters out. Terra actually questioned what it was like to love someone, and grew as a character. Cloud degenerated hella fast. He started out really cool, and then became a whiny turd. If all of FF7 was as good as the first disc, I would say that FF7 was a good game. But after the first disc, and after Aerith's death, the game went straight downhill. If bringing her back would have shut Cloud up, I would gladly have brought her back.
---
#169Oni_TaedoPosted 2/21/2013 12:20:33 AM
MewtwoEx posted...
I love how the ponies and xbots came to the Nintendo boards because they realized their systems werent as advanced as they thought, now they are damage controlling out of fear because games like Watch Dogs, Call of Duty, Ninja Gaiden, Assassins Creed, etc are being ported to the WIiU as well, and Nintendo taking their series like Bayonetta and Monster Hunter.

they are doomed!

We will get the best 3rd party support and also have the best 1st party

Its obvious Nintendo will win this gen too

Wii outsold the PS3, check
DS outsold the PSP, check
3DS outsold the Vita, mega epic check

Welcome to the future where sony ponies cry :)

You sound like an ignorant fanboy.

*stops for a second*
Oh... wait, no you're right.
But, considering that the 8th gen is still ongoing, you might wanna uncheck that last one. It's early in the fight, and so far, it's anyone's game.
---
#170CODwiiiVIP123Posted 2/21/2013 12:20:51 AM
I have had the mindset that that graphics alone don't make a game good. I'm starting to see evidence in the PS4 Killzone 4 demo that graphics are not going to be as important to the gaming industry as much as it was this generation (IOW the "graphics race" of this generation was a fad or in-trend).

I'll be honest, the demo looked really good however in my honest opinion it was not as big a graphical leap as people were probably expecting from PS4 since a majority were probably basing their expectations on the graphical leap we saw from the PS2 to the PS3. There was definitely a difference graphically in the PS4 demos compared to PS3 games, just not as massive a leap as the previous generation's graphical leap. The reason for this is because there isn't much that console developers can do to make as incredible a graphical leap on a new system as the way Sony managed to do with the PS2 to the PS3 without making the next-gen systems cost a fortune to the company to mass produce and consumers to buy and honestly why do they need to have that extra power when all that would really need to be improved is a moderately more powerful graphics card with most focus going into RAM and processing capacity (meaning slightly better looking and much larger scaled games that are affordable instead of games with extremely expensive, over-the-top graphics).

I believe the gaming industry this gen has gotten close to hitting the graphical "economic ceiling" in terms of affordability on both the company and consumer ends. Sony needs to be careful and assess the affordability of the tech they are using for the PS4 and make fine adjustments if needed while they still can to make the PS4 have moderately, not massively, MODERATELY better specs then the PS3 and still be affordable, anything past ~$400 will be too expensive considering the fragile state of the economy. If Sony overshoots that price range the PS4 will end up having another "pre-pricecut PS3 episode" and risk the PS4 ending up like the PS VITA.

In general I'm just saying the gaming industry honestly does not really NEED a huge graphics jump to make the next-gen consoles successful, they just need to make moderate improvements over its current system that are still affordable (especially in today's economy)
---
Nintendo ID: KratreonAmpora21