So much for the whole "PS4 Graphics is going to DESTROY Wii U Graphics"

#2717Days13NightsPosted 2/21/2013 9:43:00 AM
again, power doesn't really matter. if u use 75% of resources to 'pretty it up' then how much is left for game mrchanics. Killzone 2&3 were beautiful but it wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. CoD's claim to fame is it's 60fps engine but it can only do so much eg. same game for 4 yrs. This reminds me of Levine saying how fratboys missed out on Bioshock over cover art. obsessing over graphical power makes u a fratboy.
---
3DS FC:1289-8222-1662
#272ninjarauiPosted 2/21/2013 9:43:37 AM
I have always enjoyed nintendo games more overall, even though they have lost in graphics for quite some time. Graphics don't a good game make.

What made me giggle though is when they said their controller will have a mini touch screen on it. I know the wii u's is occasionally made a joke, but now Sony will follow Nintendo in that respect.
#273jjg737Posted 2/21/2013 9:46:15 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Did you even see the event? The games shown absolutely trounced the Wii U graphically

This, ps4 blew the WiiU out of the water graphics wise.
#274jjg737Posted 2/21/2013 9:47:14 AM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Nothing that was shown that even resembled actual gameplay completely destroyed the Wii U.

But there is a noticeable difference. Multiplats will need some scaling back.

Did you see the new killzone gameplay?
#2757Days13NightsPosted 2/21/2013 9:48:11 AM
that controller confirmed that sony is just following nintendo and trying to pick and choose what they can rip off.
---
3DS FC:1289-8222-1662
#276TerotrousPosted 2/21/2013 9:50:31 AM
jjg737 posted...

You mean the foggy first person gameplay that was full of framedrops?

The areas where they approached that city were amazing (even then though, games like Mass Effect, Call of Duty, and Crysis are certainly comparable), but once the actual gameplay started notice that they hid most of the city behind fog and blur to keep the framerate up. And even then it still jittered a lot.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#277T_AcePosted 2/21/2013 10:03:41 AM
Have you guys ever thought..idk, maybe the Wii U just won't get that many multiplats because third party doesn't sell well on Nintendo systems? Graphics will certainly play a factor, but you have to look at it from a business perspective as well. And consoles DO sort of have to become more than a game machine to stay relevant these days or we won't be getting any consoles at all. I don't get how people can go "hurr durr" at more features like a gaming social network(that it would be extremely stupid if they didnt let you disable if you didnt want it) and bash it
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#278DDP886Posted 2/21/2013 10:07:18 AM(edited)
Sailor Goon posted...
Did you even see the event? The games shown absolutely trounced the Wii U graphically

it EMBARRASSED the Wiiu's graphics and its silly tricore processor
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#279TerotrousPosted 2/21/2013 10:12:13 AM(edited)
T_Ace posted...
Have you guys ever thought..idk, maybe the Wii U just won't get that many multiplats because third party doesn't sell well on Nintendo systems?

Even if this is true, a little sales is better than "no sales". If they can make the ports cheaply, they'll do it.

And certain types of multiplats do sell well on Nintendo platforms. For example, Sonic always sells more on Nintendo systems than on MS and Sony combined. Stuff like Megaman and Castlevania also do very well on Nintendo platforms.

The things that don't do especially well on Nintendo systems are FPS and Sandbox games, probably because the people who want those games migrated to XBox or PC a long time ago.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#280Sailor GoonPosted 2/21/2013 10:13:13 AM
Terotrous posted...
jjg737 posted...

You mean the foggy first person gameplay that was full of framedrops?

The areas where they approached that city were amazing (even then though, games like Mass Effect, Call of Duty, and Crysis are certainly comparable), but once the actual gameplay started notice that they hid most of the city behind fog and blur to keep the framerate up. And even then it still jittered a lot.

I really am not sure what the hell you were looking at. I saw clear gameplay, no 'framedrops' as you call them. I didn't see any fog. And did you even see the part where he's hanging from the rope as they fly through the CLEAR city?
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh