So much for the whole "PS4 Graphics is going to DESTROY Wii U Graphics"

#291DDP886Posted 2/21/2013 10:10:41 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
DDP886 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Did you even see the event? The games shown absolutely trounced the Wii U graphically

it EMBARRASSED the Wiiu's graphics and its silly tricore processor

What even did you watch? Nothing Sony showed yesterday, being demos or gameplay, vastly outmatched the equivelent that was shown on the Wii U. Yes, they looked better. But nothing was a major gap. Late Wii U games will certainly look better than what we saw yesterday.

Lmao late wii u games. I'm not gonna wait 8 years for graphics ps4 will have by this time next year
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#292midgarPosted 2/21/2013 10:20:49 AM

You need to get your eyes checked if you think Forza gameplay (not garage mode) or GT come close to Drive Club. Forza/GT6 look amazing and we can't get THAT much better since they're already close to real-looking...but the little differences add up to a lot. Read up about Drive Club to see how it blows Forza/GT away.

Gameplay wise, FM4 > GT, and we didn't see any damn game play of DC, so it's not like you have anything to base your assumptions off
of. Looks great, but there also isn't a next gen GT/FM to compare it to, which I'm sure will also look amazing on their respective consoles.

That's coming from someone with about 10x more PS3 games than any other. When it comes to racers, FM is easily king until proven otherwise.
---
[This sig has been stabbed by Ray Lewis]
#293wanderzPosted 2/21/2013 10:25:08 AM
T_Ace posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfZLePMLUaQ&list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bLXV6gt3lA&list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnlBo2FXTfY&list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg&index=2

All of those are running in real time. The Wii U cannot do that. This is launch window stuff, btw.

not about to read thru all 6 pages of this topic.. but if anyone else didn't already point this out..

what i saw was NOT GAMEPLAY they are cinematics / opening videos, and shown at 720p max.. my $25 dvd player can play videos, so can my ps2, nevermind a wii U or any other system. heck my phone can play and even record videos at 720p.
graphics are far from the most important thing on a system anyway.

that being said if any of the systems ever truly "win" the console wars it is us game players that will lose.. without competition the companies will stop trying to improve.
so long live sony, microshaft, nintendo android and whoever else jumps into the gaming market.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#294atopp399Posted 2/21/2013 10:26:27 AM
mistermerk posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
DDP886 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Did you even see the event? The games shown absolutely trounced the Wii U graphically

What even did you watch? Nothing Sony showed yesterday, being demos or gameplay, vastly outmatched the equivelent that was shown on the Wii U. Yes, they looked better. But nothing was a major gap. Late Wii U games will certainly look better than what we saw yesterday.

Are you blind? Killzone Shadow Fall blew anything on the Wii U and PS3/360 away...and it's a complex 3d game in native 1080p (not a single such Wii U game achieves this)...and it's a launch title. Drive Club blows anything on the Wii U/360/PS3 away as well. Deep Down was so impressive many thought it was CGI (it wasn't)—needless to say that also blew everything on the Wii U/PS3/360 away. The PS4 is matching/exceeding what high-end PCs are doing now (yeah PCs will pull back ahead in no time)—you're delusional if you don't think there's a gap between what the PS4 is doing and what the Wii U is lol. Specs-wise the PS4 completely demolishes the Wii U.

You're delusional if you don't think the PS4 presentation was doctored to make it present well.
#295Shinobi120Posted 2/21/2013 10:27:43 AM
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
PS4 is 4x stronger than Wii U, PS4 graphics are amazing its like CG gameplay. Wii U can only rival PS3/360 graphics, too sad

So in other word your essentially trolling your own side by saying the PS3 's graphical capabilities is sad now lmao

WiiU moderately has better specs and capabilities then the PS3 and really that is all it needs, just to be in the HD realm of gaming without making themselves go broke trying to surpass a rival that nearly made itself go broke with an extremely risky and expensive next-gen console hardware leap with the PS3. The WiiU doesn't need that much raw power to succeed and Nintendo (and its fans) knows this and nor does the PS4 need that big of a leap to succeed either.

With huge graphical hardware jumps comes a much greater cost of production and if I remember correctly, Sony in the first few years was selling the PS3 at a LOSS in profit with each console sale even with its hefty $300 reduced price tag because the hardware they used was just too expensive to gain a profit from console sales alone (and which has resulted in the new variations of the PS3 to remain $300 over its entire life cycle just to make up for that mistake) which was not a smart move from Sony and they have payed for it financially overall in the long run, just do some research to see what I mean , if need another example look at the VITA's overall failure financially despite being the most powerful handheld today.

So just saying a huge graphical leap is double-edged sword and could ultimately lead to a loss in profit if Sony gets too ambitious with their next-gen hardware for the PS4 and make the price a king's fortune (and ultimately result in loss of potential sales) just to make a profit off the console sales, and we all saw where that got the VITA (and its memory cards).

I agree with you, & what you said could actually help the Wii U a lot more than PS4 (especially for future Japanese 3rd party support).
#296Reece504Posted 2/21/2013 10:36:29 AM
pixel378 posted...
I'm not reading through 290 posts but as people have said, not only is it way ahead graphically, it also has 8 gigs of ram which takes the wii u behind a shed and beats it to death.

The complexity allowed on the ps4 and maybe the xbox is far past what the wii u is.

lmao this is true though
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez
#297the_requiemPosted 2/21/2013 10:45:36 AM
I didn't know Nintendo fanboys cared this much about graphics. Gives a whole new perspective to "graphics don't matter" defense of Wii not being HD.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Unfinished Swan
#298AndywoodCubeGmrPosted 2/21/2013 10:47:21 AM
I'm a Wii U owner myself and yeah anyone who watched that conference would know the Wii U has all but booked it's place on the Wii's train now.

I mean hell I'm okay with that, I keep buying Nintendo machines because I love Nintendo games, but there is no way the 3rd parties are going to even think about supporting this thing well in a couple of years time when the other consoles are packing what the PS4 has.
---
it's a fact, you can't save SNES and N64 games, there were no memory cards or anything. - guitarist360
#299trenkenPosted 2/21/2013 10:50:24 AM
atopp399 posted...
mistermerk posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
DDP886 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

Are you blind? Killzone Shadow Fall blew anything on the Wii U and PS3/360 away...and it's a complex 3d game in native 1080p (not a single such Wii U game achieves this)...and it's a launch title. Drive Club blows anything on the Wii U/360/PS3 away as well. Deep Down was so impressive many thought it was CGI (it wasn't)—needless to say that also blew everything on the Wii U/PS3/360 away. The PS4 is matching/exceeding what high-end PCs are doing now (yeah PCs will pull back ahead in no time)—you're delusional if you don't think there's a gap between what the PS4 is doing and what the Wii U is lol. Specs-wise the PS4 completely demolishes the Wii U.

You're delusional if you don't think the PS4 presentation was doctored to make it present well.

Yup, a system with an 8 freaking core CPU and 8gb's of the fastest ram in existence REALLY needs to be doctored to look better LOL. Those specs are so far beyond the U you have no idea. U games cannot use more than 1gb of RAM. What is this 2004?? The PS4 can use probably around 6gb's. Little closer to modern gaming PCs.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#300Sailor GoonPosted 2/21/2013 10:53:51 AM
Melkac posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
Nothing that was shown that even resembled actual gameplay completely destroyed the Wii U.

But there is a noticeable difference. Multiplats will need some scaling back.

Deep Down?

PFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
This guy here actually thinks the video of Deep Down was gameplay!!!

Thats because 1:11 to 1:33 of the trailer WAS gameplay
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh