Wii U for console, PC for graphics

#31The_King82Posted 2/22/2013 10:49:22 PM
Look at sig.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#32aryanbrarPosted 2/22/2013 11:02:04 PM
so many games skip pc, enjoy your super powerful platform with no gamezz.
#33kloud 11Posted 2/22/2013 11:13:13 PM(edited)
Do what i did last gen.

1.Ps3(ps4) at launch for awesome new tech, purty graphics, and 1st/3rd party games
2. pick up a wii (wii u) a year or two when the must have ninty games are out
3. build a new a pc mid/late gen when ps3(ps4) is getting fairly dated and hardware has advanced significanly from the console push
#34little_spedvePosted 2/22/2013 11:35:51 PM
PC and Nintendo is always the best way to go. PC has most of the multi-platform games you want, plus all of the perks of owning a PC, (graphics, mods, cheaper, better controls, etc.)

And with Wii U, you get all of Nintendo's games and a few multi-platform games that skip PC.

All you really miss out on is Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Halo, and a few others, (mostly games I'm not that into.)
---
| Asus G74SX-HBK7 | Windows 8 | Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon |
#35SlimeSwayzePosted 2/22/2013 11:46:41 PM(edited)
I'm planing on going Wii U, PS4, and PC. I'm sure all 3 will have games that are both fun and amazing to behold, so I'm not going to say one console is for this and the other is for that.

little_spedve posted...
PC and Nintendo is always the best way to go. PC has most of the multi-platform games you want, plus all of the perks of owning a PC, (graphics, mods, cheaper, better controls, etc.)

And with Wii U, you get all of Nintendo's games and a few multi-platform games that skip PC.

All you really miss out on is Uncharted, God of War, Gears of War, Halo, and a few others, (mostly games I'm not that into.)

At this point, MS seems to offer practically nothing that you can't get on a PC. But I disagree about Sony. In the last few years the PS3 has had more quality exclusives than any other console. As much as I disliked Sony for how they handled the first few years of this gen, I think they're really stepped it up these last few years. Even the main issues with the PS4 (mostly the lack of BC) stem from them trying to correct the mistakes they made with the crazy architecture of the PS3. I also like a lot of the game their 1st/2nd party studios have put out.

If you love gaming, I think you miss a lot if you don't have a Sony console. Same with Nintendo and the PC. The 360 is really the only gaming system I own right now I wouldn't have a problem with abandoning. MS just doesn't seem to care much for gaming anymore.

---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#36darkus_fPosted 2/22/2013 11:42:34 PM
ElectricMole posted...
pc for bragging on forums

consoles for gaming.

---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
#37TwistedMaestroPosted 2/23/2013 12:04:37 AM
PC exclusives suck though. Rather go with Ps3/Ps4 and Wii U.
#38SlimeSwayzePosted 2/23/2013 12:15:37 AM
TwistedMaestro posted...
PC exclusives suck though. Rather go with Ps3/Ps4 and Wii U.

I'd rather have all 3. Some of my favorite games I've played in the last few years are either PC exclusive, or are exponentially better on PC due to mods and better performance. If you like playing the best games out there, you're definitely missing out if you don't have a PC. I'm not saying there aren't more than enough games on other consoles to keep you occupied, but it's absolute BS to make some bonehead statement that PC exclusives suck. Games like the original Witcher, FTL, Legend of Grimrock, HOME, Lone Survivor, Dear Esther, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and mods for games like Skyrim or the improved performance and visual presentation of games like Far Cry 3 make a PC a great platform for gaming. And again, you generally get the best version of a game that is also released on consoles, with very few exceptions. Don't fool yourself. A quality gaming PC is wonderful.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#39kdognumba1Posted 2/23/2013 12:48:10 AM(edited)
lp913 posted...
darklink1017 posted...
He actually has the best of both worlds this way. Best graphics and 3rd party games/steamsales and with the Wii U you got your Nintendo exclusives.

Unless they're actually interested in the first party Sony and MS games, THIS is what the smart gamers do!

Pretty much this. The only way I'll change this is if Sony and MS start using their older IP and start making games other then mature dark gritty games. Sony has an extensive library of IP they built up with PS1 and PS2 that they're letting go to waste and Microsoft made some awesome games on Xbox and bought Rareware which has some of the best IP ever created yet like Sony is letting it go to waste. Sure mature dark gritty westernized pew pew games are fun, but if they're not as good as what the 3rd parties are doing, you gotta make other games as well. I need some serious convincing this new gen cause if it's a repeat of this closing gen, I'll be getting all my 3rd party games on PC where I get all the DLC, game patches, and user mods.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#40little_spedvePosted 2/23/2013 10:47:26 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I'm planing on going Wii U, PS4, and PC. I'm sure all 3 will have games that are both fun and amazing to behold, so I'm not going to say one console is for this and the other is for that.

little_spedve posted...

At this point, MS seems to offer practically nothing that you can't get on a PC. But I disagree about Sony. In the last few years the PS3 has had more quality exclusives than any other console. As much as I disliked Sony for how they handled the first few years of this gen, I think they're really stepped it up these last few years. Even the main issues with the PS4 (mostly the lack of BC) stem from them trying to correct the mistakes they made with the crazy architecture of the PS3. I also like a lot of the game their 1st/2nd party studios have put out.

If you love gaming, I think you miss a lot if you don't have a Sony console. Same with Nintendo and the PC. The 360 is really the only gaming system I own right now I wouldn't have a problem with abandoning. MS just doesn't seem to care much for gaming anymore.

The only reason I've been sticking to Nintendo is because that's what I grew up with and that's what I know. I honestly couldn't live without playing the new Zelda, Metroid, or Mario (Not crappy 2D rehash) games. I've been thinking about getting a PS3 now since PS4 apparently won't be backwards compatible without downloading from PSN because of the architecture. But I really don't know if the investment is worth it.
---
| Asus G74SX-HBK7 | Windows 8 | Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon |