I want to feel bad for Ninty

#31Ambassador_KongPosted 2/25/2013 9:52:07 AM
AlexPuma posted...
The NIntendo Cycle is as outdated as the Sonic Cycle and RRoD jokes. I think we can stop posting the image macro now.

Nintendo had to slash the price of the 3DS to the point they were selling it for a loss for while just to get people to even buy the thing. The Wii U is looking to join the same path, only this time, it doesn't look like there is any major releases on the nearby horizon to save the console like the 3DS had. E3 is still a few months away, and we got only vague hints of what is coming after Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 is released. And, as much as I love the game, I guarantee that Wind Waker HD won't have the mainstream appeal that OoT3D had.

Nintendo dropped the price on the 3DS, took a loss for awhile, and..........stated printing money again. So you are wrong and the "outdated image macro" is right.

The only console release to do better than the WiiU was the Wii so, once again, what's your point?

I know what your point is, your either a troll that doesn't care about facts or your some little kid that got online and has never seen a console release before.

Let me pretend to be you for a minute......

Guys! I went to the PS4 board and there are no release dates for PS4 games. Sony is doooooomed! They might as well not release the PS4 because they got no gamez.

So, am I doing it right?
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#32Newbie00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:17:01 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
But at least they pimped their hardware out (on the ps4) and made the thing future proof.

They said that the PS3 was future proof, too.

No console can truly be future proof unless it is upgradable like a PC.

And it was at the time of release ~7 yrs ago.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#33the_cajun88Posted 2/26/2013 3:19:04 PM

It's the future now (compared to the PS3's release) and it is outdated.

Things that can be upgraded can always be future proof. This is why I used the word 'truly' there.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#34Enigma149Posted 2/26/2013 3:36:37 PM
the_cajun88 posted...

It's the future now (compared to the PS3's release) and it is outdated.

Things that can be upgraded can always be future proof. This is why I used the word 'truly' there.

By that sense, nothing is future-proof.

I mean, let's say you built a PC in 2001. You got a top-notch motherboard and CPU, state-of-the-art graphics card, 2 GB of RAM, and a massive 120 GB hard drive. The power supply is good, the case looks nice, and you've finally gotten Windows XP after growing tired of Millenium Edition. To top it all off, you've got a nice DVD burner in it. Two, actually. Just because.

And what happened?

Alas, your computer eventually becomes obsolete.

SATA replaces IDE, and although you are eventually able to upgrade to a 1 TB hard drive, you get left behind in 2008 when the first 1.5 TB HDD comes out...and don't even think about upgrading to an SDD.

Microsoft replaces Vista. Not a problem for you - just "upgrade". Well, unfortunately, you have to go with the 32-bit version. Oh, but that only supports 4 GB of RAM, which means that you'r not going to be able to upgrade past that.

Faster DVD burners emerge, and eventually, Blu Ray takes the scene. Oh, but nobody makes a Blu Ray burner that your computer can support. Such a shame.

Your graphics cards can continue to be upgraded for a while, but you soon run into bottlenecks, and then graphics cards your motherboard doesn't support come out.

You could upgrade your motherboard, but that would also mean replacing the CPU, and probably the power supply. At this point, you can upgrade everything else again, making your computer not obsolete. Yet it's not really the computer your started with - everything's been replaced. You failed to future-proof, and now you're wasting your time upgrading an out-of-date PC when you could be building a new one with considerably better specs.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#35the_cajun88Posted 2/26/2013 3:39:33 PM
If things eventually become obsolete, how are they future proof?

If we're talking temporarily, then sure. I can live with that.

However, I think more than just a few years when I think 'future.'
---
#36Enigma149Posted 2/26/2013 3:40:32 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
If things eventually become obsolete, how are they future proof?

If we're talking temporarily, then sure. I can live with that.

However, I think more than just a few years when I think 'future.'

I was responding to your, "No console can truly be future proof unless it is upgradable like a PC," comment, pointing out that even PCs aren't future-proof.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#37the_cajun88Posted 2/26/2013 3:42:24 PM
aight
---
#38MD1500Posted 2/26/2013 3:49:13 PM
Yep. Selling more than any other HD console at this point in time must suck.
#39mini_blightPosted 2/26/2013 3:49:49 PM
Newbie00 posted...
I really do, but I can't bring myself to do it. I can't shake the feel that they inflicted this upon themselves.

Ninty must be code for Sony.
#40wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/26/2013 3:59:16 PM
tc is British?
Could TC tell me how well the Wii U is selling in Britain compared to that portable by that 'other video game company'?

and fyi, Nintendo will always have the 3DS, Pokemon, and about 8 strong IPs to fall back on in software.

Nintendo Never Dies.
^bookmark that
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.