Wii U vs PS4: A point by point breakdown

#41GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 11:35:13 PM(edited)
Sirian_Hawk posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
<The intention of this topic is not to claim any victory.

Really?

Winner - PS4

Care to try that again?

Um, as of this moment I have 0 plans to buy a PS4. They have yet to specify if there will be disc based games, and in the case that they use Gaikai to have everything download only, I will not be onboard.

The intention of this topic is to show how completely out of touch Nintendo has been for the longest time in the current industry, and how companies like even sony have managed to succeed where Nintendo continues to trip and stumble and have been for years and years. Its meant to be a wake up call to those that call themselves Nintendo fans, to expect and demand more from a company that is supposed to be all about gaming. Just as I expect and demand more from them as their competition is literally lapping them ridiculously.

Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? Nintendo has made billions while Sony has lost billions (I'm not sure on MS' gaming division) Nintendo is the only one succeeding. And before you counter with "sales =/= quality", people don't buy things they don't want. Thus Nintendo is making what the people want.

Second, why would I want Nintendo to be more like Sony? I have Sony for that! I want two different companies with two different approaches. Diversity is great for both innovation and gaming. It only sucks for you if you can't afford another console. I don't want them all the same or there is no reason for them to grow and expand their ideas.

Your the one who needs to wake up. Why do you persist in believe we should all be the same? Individuality is better than conformity. Enjoy that you have a choice. If you like what Sony did, then buy a PS4 and rejoice. If you don't then don't buy one. If none of the gaming companies make what you want, then start your own company. Then you can watch as the forum boards rip you apart for all you inadequacies.

You seem to be twisting the context I said 'winner' in. Its a point by point comparison of the two consoles. Sony did a better job, categorically in every regard. I could of just written it as '1 point for sony' or whatever but I gave the benefit of the doubt that people weren't going to be childish about it. I don't subscribe to the childish 'console warz' bull****. If you do, thats your problem, not mine.

Also you just basically said "why should Nintendo keep up with their competition??". Come on now. How is that even a logical point of view. Everyone should want every company to be putting the best possible effort forward, and its very clear nintendo is just trying to scrape by on minimal effort right now. Its unacceptable.

And as I already said, last time I checked, Nintendos billions didn't bring all those 3rd party games to the Wii, now did it. No, it didn't. And they didnt use those billions to buy some exclusives for the Wii U, now did they. No, they didn't. So those billions don't mean jack **** to me. Its irrelevant to me, the consumer. And unless you have stock in nintendo or work for them, you shouldn't give a damn either. Its about the games, and Nintendo is really ****ing up big time in that dept. Sparse weak 1st party with too many tired retreads, rarely any new IPs or fresh new ideas, and literally no 3rd party to speak of. That should be your concerns. Unless of course nintendos billions in the bank somehow helps you sleep at night better with your paperweight you gave them good money for.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#42LeetyroneusPosted 2/20/2013 11:42:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43ShadeKoopaPosted 2/20/2013 11:45:06 PM
I'm not going to lie, PS4 looks to be a powerful compared to the Wii U. However it goes down the same path as the PS3/PSP/PSV, it will not last long. The PSP was a nice handheld, glad to have one. But the lackluster of games sadly brought it down. PSV and PS3 are the same way. Nice console/handheld but there aren't many games. There were no games that caught my attention or any new concept of the PS4 that would make one to have one right now. 3DS, while not as powerful as the PSV, has a lot of unique games to make it last. Wii U, while still new, has a lot of promise. If Nintendo can find a nice way to utilize the Wii U correctly, it will last against the PS4 and Micrsoft new "720."

Anothing thing is that Nintendo has always been the affordable choice. Their consoles/handhelds have always been easy to buy compared to Sony's and Microsoft's consoles/handhelds. Personally, I rather have something that is fun but can also afford.

Bottom Line, PS4 is already going to expensive from the hardware specs showed from the conference. The lackluster of games and Sony poor management, PS4 will more then likely fail.
#44DrkVrtxPosted 2/20/2013 11:48:57 PM
TheTrueNub posted...
The PS4's reveal wins? Uhh..What?

That conference was awful

I've never been so bored with a new console unveiling in my life.

You found the Wii U reveal interesting? Both Sony/Nintendo put me to sleep, personally.
#45willingmessPosted 2/20/2013 11:51:20 PM
Winner- dark souls.
---
official team miror admin
shadow pokemon: flygon
#46Sirian_HawkPosted 2/20/2013 11:55:44 PM
You seem to be twisting the context I said 'winner' in. Its a point by point comparison of the two consoles. Sony did a better job, categorically in every regard. I could of just written it as '1 point for sony' or whatever but I gave the benefit of the doubt that people weren't going to be childish about it. I don't subscribe to the childish 'console warz' bull****. If you do, thats your problem, not mine.

What? There is no context for "winner". Winning is winning. It means victory. Even if you gave points, the purpose of keeping score is to determine the winner aka the victor aka victory. What the heck language are you on where "winner" has no affiliation with victory?

Also you just basically said "why should Nintendo keep up with their competition??". Come on now. How is that even a logical point of view. Everyone should want every company to be putting the best possible effort forward, and its very clear nintendo is just trying to scrape by on minimal effort right now. Its unacceptable.

No. I said Nintendo should not copy Sony. Keeping up is pointless. They should do their own damn thing. Your definition of "their best possible effort" is not anyone else's. You seem to think that their best effort would be to do what Sony is doing. I disagree. I want them to innovate. I want them to create. I don't want them to simply dump more power in the thing and call it a day. (Though I do want more power each time) I already have three choices in the console market, and I would hope that are all different. Why have three consoles that are exactly the same?

And as I already said, last time I checked, Nintendos billions didn't bring all those 3rd party games to the Wii, now did it. No, it didn't. And they didnt use those billions to buy some exclusives for the Wii U, now did they. No, they didn't.

*cough*Bayonetta2*cough*

So those billions don't mean jack **** to me. Its irrelevant to me, the consumer. And unless you have stock in nintendo or work for them, you shouldn't give a damn either. Its about the games, and Nintendo is really ****ing up big time in that dept. Sparse weak 1st party with too many tired retreads, rarely any new IPs or fresh new ideas, and literally no 3rd party to speak of. That should be your concerns. Unless of course nintendos billions in the bank somehow helps you sleep at night better with your paperweight you gave them good money for.

And there's that troll/hater spark. You don't tell me what I should want. You can hate the games all you like, but you stand there and tell me that you know better than me what I like or enjoy. I don't care if the game is a "retread" or a completely new IP. I only care that the game is fun. That is the main reason I game. 1st party... 3rd party... I don't care. I don't care who makes the game as long as it is fun. Maybe the Wii had no games you enjoyed, but it had lots I did. Now you can turn your nose up in the air, and snort about your lofty tastes and such, but all that does is leave you bitter and bored while I game on happily.

One last thing here, let's say that Nintendo had gone the PS4 route. Powerful console, regular controller, lots of games. Then Sony comes out and has done the same thing. Then MS comes out and it is the same again. How would you decide which to get? You want to know? Easy. You would judge by the exclusives.

It isn't the similarities that make people buy consoles. It is the differences. It is the uniqueness that doesn't exist in the competition that gets the sale. Nintendo should not go Sony's route. Let Sony do that, and let Nintendo be Nintendo.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#47GAMER_X_REVIVAL(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 12:00:34 AM
I did forget to point out one BIG strength the Wii U has over the competition: IT ISN'T TRYING TO USHER IN 1984

Seriously, this connected online, mandatory built in cameras into game consoles **** is really creepy. Now you have the ps4 with a built in camera that you NEED for the controller to even work.

If I can't play the ps4 without ever connecting it online, I'm not even touching it. I really don't like the whole sneaking of a camera connected online, in every home via game consoles. Its like a trojan horse sneaking the police state into peoples homes.

Really shady. The Wii sensor bar isn't a camera and would serve the same function as the ps4s camera controller crap, without the intrusive exploitable nature of a camera connected to the internet. I don't trust that **** at all. Not even for a second.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#48SMT_MasochistPosted 2/21/2013 12:43:45 AM
Every biased thing you said may be true but even though I'm a fan of both companies, it all comes down to price. Mid 400 is pushing it and north of 500 is ludicrous in this economy.

Yeah I'll still get it but launch may be out of the question considering what happened to my last 2 launch console buys (vita and wiiU): dust collecting.
---
Games: Ragnarok, FotNS 2, Fire Emblem
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#49pearl arowanaPosted 2/21/2013 12:48:47 AM
drones are in denial mode...

the denial are VERY strong in this board.

i find it rofl
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#50StarBladeEdgePosted 2/21/2013 12:52:59 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL , stop this stupid nonsense.

the ps4 presentation was a joke and every sony fanboy knows it. go the ps4 board. frustration and butthurt all over the place. even pc gamers troll it like crazy.
---
Your profile information is displayed to the public, and contains offensive or illegal material ! :O