Wii U vs PS4: A point by point breakdown

#61Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/21/2013 4:10:15 AM(edited)
very good points you stated there TC, not biased, unlike some nintendrones always do, they can't accept that Wii U is already start falling, and will go six feet under if PS4 released.

Nintendo really need to start respect other : consumer, developer, 3rd party developer.
They become arrogance because of 3DS success even though they had gone to cut 3DS price real bad, and need to be put in their rightful place.
#62jairusmonillasPosted 2/21/2013 4:07:21 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
For reasons I can't even begin to fathom, Nintendo 'fans' walked away from the Sony conference and thought Sony did badly. Somehow. So lets go down the list for both systems/companies.

1. The hardware -

Wii U - The Wii U was designed by Nintendo, for Nintendo, and in complete secrecy. We know they excluded all 3rd parties from this process, and its especially apparent given the 3rd parties frustrated reaction to the final hardwares very terrible architecture. The meager 2 GB of RAM, only 1 of which may be used for games, which is very slow at that, and has a very VERY weak bandwidth. As well as the weak custom CPU which seems to be an extension of the broadway with some overclocking.

PS4 - Sony actually worked directly with 3rd parties during the entire development of the PS4 and gained as much feedback as possible, on what developers wants and needs were in a next playstation. As a result, the system has the easiest to use and program for architecture, x86. It also has 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM, whose bandwidth makes it like a starship jumping to lightspeed while the Wii U is sputtering along on a country back road in a buggy.

Winner - PS4

2. The features -

Wii U - The Wii U, again, suffers from Nintendo trying to force their own apple like bubble world upon gamers, with a shoddy Nintendo homunculus of a Facebook/Twitter type social network. The only other feature is off tv play, which isn't really a true feature since it is not universal and hardly any games support it. The gamepad, sadly was Nintendos weak and lazy effort to try and hook people into buying the cheaply made system based on a shiny gimmick. And this has failed since no game has really legitimized the gamepad screen as an innovative feature with very practical utility. Theres TVii, but it needs to go through your cable box, only certain cable companies are on board so support is very sparse, and your cable box already has an interactive guide if you live in present day. A redundant 'feature', if there ever was one.

PS4 - Sony isn't really a bastion of innovation typically, so its very surprising to see them one up Nintendo this time around and be the one bringing new actually attractive features to the table. The PS4 gives the ability to pause a game mid play, go into a low power sleep mode, then resume play later at the exact point you left it. The system also apparently boots up right away, and this sleep mode makes getting into the game even faster since you never truly have to shut the system down. On top of this, the PS4 offers the ability to watch friends playing their games live in real time, and you can even co opt control of their game from YOUR console. A feature that may very well get rid of forced co-op designs in games that should not have them, as anyone that wants to play with a friend can merely switch off control of the game on the fly and take turns and play through a game together, from two seperate locations. Definitely an innovative and interesting feature to be sure. On top of this, you can also easily livestream your gaming to Ustream in real time, and also upload specific clips of live gameplay at will at any time. Also, the PS4 instead of trying to force its own weird social network, uses the already existing popular social media sites and hooks into them instead,such as facebook and twitter. Then theres the downloadable content innovations, with games playable while they download, as well as predictive systems that can preload in the background the next game you are most likely to be interested in, making subsequent transactions seamless and fast.

Winner - PS4

It doesn't take a genius.

PS4 wins by a landslide. 8gb GDDR5 and 8cores CPU is a beast!
#63zerooo0Posted 2/21/2013 4:08:40 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL , stop this stupid nonsense.

the ps4 presentation was a joke and every sony fanboy knows it. go the ps4 board. frustration and butthurt all over the place. even pc gamers troll it like crazy.

I'm no Sony, or Nintendo Fanboy.

But, regarding my memory, PS4 reveal definitely trumps the Wii U reveal in every way.
---
I do typing exclusively on my Tablet, so expect errors in my posts. At least until I get my new Laptop.
#64AhnoldDoodPosted 2/21/2013 4:09:46 AM
zerooo0 posted...
StarBladeEdge posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL , stop this stupid nonsense.

the ps4 presentation was a joke and every sony fanboy knows it. go the ps4 board. frustration and butthurt all over the place. even pc gamers troll it like crazy.

I'm no Sony, or Nintendo Fanboy.

But, regarding my memory, PS4 reveal definitely trumps the Wii U reveal in every way.

HAHA, no.
#65Traptin3daysPosted 2/21/2013 4:14:53 AM
Fazeo13 posted...
Wii U is basically the next dreamcast, *sobs* won't even have the 3rd party games, wonder if PS4 has just killed this system, it's Dreamcast all over again :....(

No it isn't. It could be the next Saturn maybe, but not Dreamcast -.-
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#66pearl arowanaPosted 2/21/2013 4:42:23 AM
looking at wii u and ps4.. its pretty clear nintendo just cant keep up in making console anymore. they just incompetence to compete with sony and microsoft.

its very clear wii u is competing against ps3 and 360.. NOT ps4 because its wayyy wayyy out of its league.

hardware.. games.. online services.. sony and microsoft are way ahead..
3rd party are abandoning wii u.. next gen games wont be ported to wii u without severely waterdown to ps3 and 360 level..

even next next gen.. how can nintendo compete anymore because microsoft sony just keep on evolving in their hardware and online services..

nintendo as a console maker is dying..
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#67HungoverHero777Posted 2/21/2013 4:45:34 AM
Another one claiming to be a "realist", eh?
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#68IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/21/2013 4:46:14 AM
Well considering Sony is bleeding money and Microsoft has been stumbling with their software...oh wait, it's pearl arowana, 'nuff said.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#69pearl arowanaPosted 2/21/2013 4:49:34 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Well considering Sony is bleeding money and Microsoft has been stumbling with their software...oh wait, it's pearl arowana, 'nuff said.

big giant companies bleeding money for me is AWESOME.. i am cool with that

rofl at drones...they like... look nintendo is making billion selling me underpar hardware to us.. on you face sony and microsoft fanboys!!!

so rofl
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#70BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/21/2013 4:50:51 AM
Playstayassurance? That reveal was the opposite of appealing. I didn't want to hear PC terminology for 2 hours. No BC, no console, no games, and an enhanced facebook so my friends can watch me play, and take over my controller (which is a Vita?). Sorry no dice.
---
Greatness comes from within