So will Nintendo have a 2-3 year lead over Sony again?

#11bigstar66Posted 2/21/2013 1:02:01 AM
As slow as the Wii U is selling, the PS4 will not possibly overtake it. There's simply no reason for people to pay $600 for it. It's an improvement.
---
ACCF: 4083-6568-1976 (Patrick - Climax)
MPH: 1246-4232-1245 3* SSBB: 4339-2152-2086
#12freddyvsjasonPosted 2/21/2013 1:06:42 AM
It's true that portables are different, but the Wii U is selling pretty close to PS3 and the 360 if you align the launches. PS2 outsold the 360 for a while when it was first released.

At the end of the day, software sells consoles ultimately and once the big franchise games (zelda, smash bros)come out, the sales will pick up. Nintendo will probably do a price cut when PS4 and the new Xbox are released as well. It obviously won't be the Juggernaut that the wii was but it won't be the next dreamcast as well.
#13pearl arowanaPosted 2/21/2013 1:46:54 AM
people learned from their mistake buying wii.. wii gave a bvery bad images to nintendo which is - nintendo console are generally very outdated compare to competitor.

look at week to week sales now.. its very very bad for a new console. wii u is dying.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#14jim200Posted 2/21/2013 1:52:03 AM
Since when did the Wii come out in 2004?
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#15bigstar66Posted 2/21/2013 1:52:55 AM
pearl arowana posted...
people learned from their mistake buying wii.. wii gave a bvery bad images to nintendo which is - nintendo console are generally very outdated compare to competitor.

look at week to week sales now.. its very very bad for a new console. wii u is dying.

No new console has ever had the competition the Wii U faces. No console has ever launched in an era where everyone in the developed world carries a gameboy in their pockets everywhere they go. Comparing Wii U launch figures with Wii/PS3/360 launch figures is apples and oranges. Until the PS4 launches we won't know exactly how good or bad Wii U sales really are.
---
#16Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/21/2013 2:00:05 AM
That won't stop gamers from hoping new consoles do well, and it won't stop degenerates from hoping they fail.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#17Traptin3daysPosted 2/21/2013 2:19:48 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
The WiiU is the slowest selling console in 8 years. It won't take much for the PS4 to overtake it.

According to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
Wii U has sold more than Vita. Thus Vita is the slowest selling console in 8 years.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#18TheBonfiniPosted 2/21/2013 2:22:11 AM
iKhanic posted...
I was impressed by the PS4, I really was. But all that technology has a hefty price, and from the rumors going around, the PS4 won't me much cheaper, if at all than the original PS3.

Last gen, that pretty much gave Microsoft and Nintendo a 2 year jump start on Sony, because no one had $500 to slap down for a video game console. Finally when Sony revised the console did sales pick up.

We don't know anything about Microsoft yet, so I can't say anything regarding them, but do you think the PS4's hefty price tag will give them another 2 year lag?

Oh yeah also: Great, a touchpad on the controller, another Sony innovation that will fail to succeed in the market.

I must have missed the part of the conference when Sony announced their price of PS4.

The fact that Nintendo fans are clinging to this hope and that the demos today were somehow hocus pocus magic tricks speaks volumes.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#19bigstar66Posted 2/21/2013 2:28:50 AM
TheBonfini posted...
iKhanic posted...
I was impressed by the PS4, I really was. But all that technology has a hefty price, and from the rumors going around, the PS4 won't me much cheaper, if at all than the original PS3.

Last gen, that pretty much gave Microsoft and Nintendo a 2 year jump start on Sony, because no one had $500 to slap down for a video game console. Finally when Sony revised the console did sales pick up.

We don't know anything about Microsoft yet, so I can't say anything regarding them, but do you think the PS4's hefty price tag will give them another 2 year lag?

Oh yeah also: Great, a touchpad on the controller, another Sony innovation that will fail to succeed in the market.

I must have missed the part of the conference when Sony announced their price of PS4.

The fact that Nintendo fans are clinging to this hope and that the demos today were somehow hocus pocus magic tricks speaks volumes.

You'd have to be delusional to think that the PS4 will be any less than $400, an optimist to think it would be any less than $500, and nervously hopeful for any less than $600.
---
#20TheBonfiniPosted 2/21/2013 2:32:13 AM
bigstar66 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
iKhanic posted...

You'd have to be delusional to think that the PS4 will be any less than $400, an optimist to think it would be any less than $500, and nervously hopeful for any less than $600.

As a staunch Nintendo supporter through out my life and believer in Nintendo, I think Sony Playstation 4 will retail for $1,800.. Those graphics looked like high end PC games! There is no way those graphics were real time. I don't believe any of it. They are lying. I am not letting Sony trick me two generations in a row.

I will wait for a price drop.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg