Yknow, I feel kinda bad for that new Need for Speed game...

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/21/2013 12:54:14 AM
It looks like the devs are clearly putting a lot of extra love into the Wii U version... but you just know that no ones gonna buy it :/

I mean, there's not really a huge market for racing games these days anyway, and couple that with a console that doesn't have a massive install base, as well as a consumer base who really doesn't buy many third party products...

and yeah, you get where I'm going with this.

Oh well, maybe it will surprise me and sell pretty well, or atleast enough to make a profit.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2jillwarrenPosted 2/21/2013 12:58:25 AM
I don't know; my wife is pretty interested in it. The idea of being a "co-driver" is appealing to her as she isn't much into the fast twitch stuff of her own.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#3ChipChippersonPosted 2/21/2013 12:59:26 AM
I don't disagree, that's my biggest complaint about the Nintendo diehards. They cry about no 3rd party support and when they finally get some, which has real effort put into it no less, they'd still rather sit on their thumbs and wait for Zelda. I don't know if it's just some extreme fanboyism or a very limited taste in games but I don't understand it. I couldn't imagine spending $300+ only to sit watching paint dry until the one game I want is released.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#4Y34RX3R0Posted 2/21/2013 1:00:11 AM
I feel ya.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#5PsyrenCallPosted 2/21/2013 1:01:08 AM
jillwarren posted...
I don't know; my wife is pretty interested in it. The idea of being a "co-driver" is appealing to her as she isn't much into the fast twitch stuff of her own.

Must resist urge to make joke about a woman looking forward to being a backseat driver!
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#6sythieriusPosted 2/21/2013 1:01:21 AM
It's certainly no Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!!!!!!!!!!!
#7jillwarrenPosted 2/21/2013 1:02:10 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I don't disagree, that's my biggest complaint about the Nintendo diehards. They cry about no 3rd party support and when they finally get some, which has real effort put into it no less, they'd still rather sit on their thumbs and wait for Zelda. I don't know if it's just some extreme fanboyism or a very limited taste in games but I don't understand it. I couldn't imagine spending $300+ only to sit watching paint dry until the one game I want is released.

I do feel you on this one; why spend the money if you don't see any games you want? I saw enough at launch that I liked, and enough coming out that it was an easy purchase. Why whine about 3rd party support if you aren't going to support them when they bring it?
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#8uberking422Posted 2/21/2013 1:05:11 AM
Plus it can never compete with the PS4's positively riveting car door opening functionality.
#9AZHood321Posted 2/21/2013 1:10:02 AM
More interested in Project CARS than NFS.

But if Mario Kart Wii U gets released this holiday, you can bet Wii U owners will flock to that...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AZHood321
Nintendo Network ID: AZHood
#10PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:10:46 AM
I think the only third party games that seem to traditionally do well on a Nintendo console from a sales perspective are the "blockbuster, 9.5s across the board" kinda games. The kind of games that are generally put in many "best of" lists from there on out.

The problem is that these kinda games arent exactly a dime a dozen, and its not like they come out once month.

That said, in MOST instances anyway, Nintendo console owners only seem to spend there money on these types of third party games, and anything that doesn't meet those lofty standards is automatically dismissed, even if its still a great game in its own right.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.