Graphics and power at the cost of developers?

#1Charles_DaBeastPosted 2/21/2013 1:20:06 AM
There's so much talk about the wii u versus ps4 graphics, power, etc on both boards. Yes graphics are nice, however so many developers have gone under due to the increased costs in making games for more powerful systems. It's been a long time since a game has truly grabbed me. You can have awesome graphics for an average game which still makes the game average. You can have average graphics for an awesome game and the game is still awesome. I would rather we pressure the gaming industry to return its focus on making quality, magical games instead of pushing power over form. Dont really want to see more developers disappear into the ether or further layoffs.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID - CharlesDaBeast
#2dennis941012Posted 2/21/2013 1:24:06 AM
There's so much talk about the wii u versus ps4 graphics, power, etc on both boards. Yes graphics are nice, however so many developers have gone under due to the increased costs in making games for more powerful systems. It's been a long time since a game has truly grabbed me. You can have awesome graphics for an average game which still makes the game average. You can have average graphics for an awesome game and the game is still awesome. I would rather we pressure the gaming industry to return its focus on making quality, magical games instead of pushing power over form. Dont really want to see more developers disappear into the ether or further layoffs.

This is gamefaqs quality comments aren't welcomed here :X
that being said consoles should allow players to mod their game as well vanilla GTA 4 for pc was a disaster however mods made it one of the best game to have
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#3superbot400Posted 2/21/2013 1:58:33 AM
The issue is that fanboys demand companies to their power to shun trolls. Wii U not being a powerhouse is a interesting idea, but underpower issue makes it so pretty much every company must demolish the playing field without question. Reviewer/Fanboy these days demand everything want everything to be beautiful, and basically want graphics that are out of this world.

Graphically shouldn't really be the number one reason to buy a game, but nowadays people could forgive a bad game if it had good graphics.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.