Hmm I think I'll be buying a Wii U before a PS4

#1BenzychenzPosted 2/21/2013 3:41:31 AM
Knack was really all they showed that I liked, and it could turn out crap anyway, compared to the Wii U having NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD at the minimum when the PS4 launches. Plus Wii U will be cheaper.

I'll get both eventually of course, but the one to get first is clear.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
#2Kaotikflow328Posted 2/21/2013 4:50:37 AM
I still don't see the Wii U dropping in price by then.
#3KAMMYqueenPosted 2/21/2013 4:54:02 AM
i see no reason to get a ps4 at all i saw nonething interresting about it.
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#4jairusmonillasPosted 2/21/2013 4:55:46 AM
No one is stopping you to buy Wii U i mean you could be the one out of 30k Wii U sold in the month of february or march or something, Nintendo needs all the help they need cause they are finally exposed for selling overpriced system with last gen graphics.
#5canton kidPosted 2/21/2013 4:59:33 AM
i like this topic lol

so ive been a gamer since the early 80s... and i play ps2 more then gcn and ps3 more then wii....

i hesitated but eventually got a wiiu based on mariou and zombiu...plus lego city is coming, monster hunter, zelda wind waker... plus others

there really wasnt anything on ps4 that made me want one... and looking at the types of games that will come out on that system... im really not interested

fact is that most of the games i like are made by smaller developers, who likely wont be able to afford making ps4 games

most ports will likely come to wiiu, itll be like seeing a great pc game on medium settings vs. max settings and they may run a little slower... but thats alright for me

and mii verse... gotta tell you i wasnt interested till i started using it... its amazing!
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#6noutBrPosted 2/21/2013 5:08:19 AM
Benzychenz posted...
Knack was really all they showed that I liked, and it could turn out crap anyway, compared to the Wii U having NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Monster Hunter, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD at the minimum when the PS4 launches. Plus Wii U will be cheaper.

I'll get both eventually of course, but the one to get first is clear.

I felt the same way about all the games they showed, KNACK looks pretty interesting but it's still too early to tell. What I was impressed with is the approach Sony has on UI, UI speed, connectivity and interaction. I'm not big on Facebook and all that stuff (I rarely check in on FB) but watching a live stream of a friend playing a game while chatting or helping a friend out in his game sounds intriguing. Sleep mode is also something that I think should have been standard in EVERY console, I use it constantly on my portables.

If Sony can deliver on their promises (which is not always the case) they could really have something amazing on their hands. But Sony definitely won points in my book for focusing on a super fast UI, sleep mode and multitasking to the extreme where you can play the game while it is still downloading. Combine that with the share function and live streaming and I really feel that if it all works well it will make the Wii U once again feel a bit dated or backwards.

But the Wii U will still be worth buying if only for a few amazing Nintendo exclusives which will undoubtedly receive glowing reviews across the board.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#7lninjasoniclPosted 2/21/2013 5:21:14 AM
ok, buy a Wii U first then
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#8Lefty128kPosted 2/21/2013 5:23:06 AM
Good luck with that Wii U.

I hear third party developers have been jumping ship.
#9canton kidPosted 2/21/2013 5:40:01 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Good luck with that Wii U.

I hear third party developers have been jumping ship.

...some or theyre porting their games to other systems as well as wii u

but really, if the 3rd parties jump ship that easily... then they likely didnt have anything worth making exclusively for the system anyways

the wiiu sells steadily, and im sure sales will increase more when 1 or 2 more really great games comes out
---
psn/wiiu: flyingdragon_903
3ds: 0259-0302-8546
#10R3al1Posted 2/21/2013 6:32:31 AM
I know of quite a few people who think just like you, OP