Why are nintendo Fanboys all called young?

#11XRay2984Posted 2/21/2013 9:19:36 AM
If Nintendo fanboys are considered "kiddy," then that's fine with me. The Internet unanimously agrees that Sony fanboys are the worst of the bunch - have you seen the number of complaints over on that board despite the relatively impressive conference yesterday?
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#12Ray Ledgend 46Posted 2/21/2013 9:28:38 AM
I troll Nintendo fans on youtube pretty often, and from my experience most of them are kids. Thing is, I think it's because most adult gamers aren't really fanboys of any particular system, while kids tend to be really attached to their system of choice. In other words, I think that the most vocal fanboys for any system tend to be young, not simply that Nintendo fans are younger on average.
---
Pokemon Info: 3482 5724 5911, Name John. This and all of my other Friend Codes are in my profile.
#13DynoStretchPosted 2/21/2013 9:34:30 AM
I think when those people say "young", they mean "kiddy", because Nintendo games are known for being mostly light hearted and colorful, as opposed to the serious-business "mature" games that are everywhere on the PS and X Box. It's sadly a comparison between the game's tone, rather then subsidence.

People who are insecure about their maturity would rather play gritty and serious games like God of War or Gears of War rather then bright and colorful ones like Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Xenoblade Chronicles, then proceed to call anyone who enjoys the latter games "kiddy".

Not that I'm saying everyone who plays GoW or... erm... GoW only wants to play gritty soul-crushing serious games, but the large vocal crowd who refers to Nintendo as a "young and kiddy" console only wants to play games based on it having mature content. I can't count the amount of times I've discussed gaming with someone and they ask me if a game I recommend to them is "M-rated" or not.
---
Remember: Nintendo is more violent than Playstation and Microsoft COMBINED... They just don't show blood.
#14LuigisBroPosted 2/21/2013 9:36:49 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
[citation needed]

its call common sense, all those older gamers that made the PS1 sell 100M units didn't come out of nowhere, they were people who grew up on NES, SNES & Genesis, the other thing is the demographics for Nintendo systems always continue to remain young, so unless Nintendo fans have some youth potion its pretty obvious that most people dump Nintendo once they start growing up
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#15Rasputin77Posted 2/21/2013 9:41:47 AM
I dont discriminate over which systems you're a "fan of"... all I have to do is read your posts to know if you have a child-like mentality. There are degrees of naivete that certainly suggest specific age groups, but I find most of it boils down to mentality.

Like... being an "adult", yet still having a "nanny-nanny-boo-boo"-style signature about a particular user that gets under your skin. ;)
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#16Mattatron42Posted 2/21/2013 9:45:57 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
I dont discriminate over which systems you're a "fan of"... all I have to do is read your posts to know if you have a child-like mentality. There are degrees of naivete that certainly suggest specific age groups, but I find most of it boils down to mentality.

Like... being an "adult", yet still having a "nanny-nanny-boo-boo"-style signature about a particular user that gets under your skin. ;)

Exactly, it isn't a particular group of fans as it is a group of people hiding behind anonymity and acting like children. Most are looking for attention or think they are entitled. I don't mind people defending what they enjoy, but civility has been all but abandoned on the internet.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron