Can Wii U play Wii games ?

#11Madridiq8e(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:47:15 AM
RobotPirteGhost posted...
Madridiq8e posted...
so basically If i wanted to play those RPGs I have to purchase an extra controller, a Wii classic controller just like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-White-Nintendo/dp/B0037US4IA

and this controller will definitely work on the Wii U ?

The Classic controllers work with Wii games on the Wii U. However, you also need a Wii Remote because the classic controller plugs into it. You can get a Wiimote + Nunchuck off eBay for $15 to $20.

I'm getting confused a little bit..

so if i wanted to play Wii games on Wii U I have to use the Classic Controller Pro..

and to use the Classic Controller Pro I have to have a Wiimote + Nunchuck so I can plug the Wiimote into the Wii U and then plug the Classic Controller into the Wiimote ?
#12GensokyoPosted 2/21/2013 8:59:55 AM(edited)
Madridiq8e posted...
RobotPirteGhost posted...
Madridiq8e posted...
so basically If i wanted to play those RPGs I have to purchase an extra controller, a Wii classic controller just like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-White-Nintendo/dp/B0037US4IA

and this controller will definitely work on the Wii U ?

The Classic controllers work with Wii games on the Wii U. However, you also need a Wii Remote because the classic controller plugs into it. You can get a Wiimote + Nunchuck off eBay for $15 to $20.

so if i wanted to play Wii games on Wii U I have to use the Classic Controller Pro..

and to use the Classic Controller Pro I have to have a Wiimote + Nunchuck so I can plug the Wiimote into the Wii U and then plug the Classic Controller into the Wiimote ?

To use the Classic Controller Pro, you'll need a Wiimote. The Nunchuck is not necessary for this. However, you can also use the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo if you do not wish to use the Classic Controller Pro.

So basically, it's either:

CC Pro + Wiimote
or
Wiimote + Nunchuck

Just remember that some Wii games (not the ones you mentioned, though) only work with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combo. So if you're planning to buy more Wii games later on than the ones you mentioned, it's recommended you get all three of them (Wiimote, Nunchuck and CC Pro), and you'll be completely set for anything with your Wii U.
#13RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/21/2013 8:58:38 AM
Madridiq8e posted...

Unfortunately the situation is rather confusing. The Classic Controller plugs into the Wii Remote, so you do need to have one. It's stupid, but the only way to get the CC to work.

The CC is not required however. It is recomended for some games (like Monster Hunter and Xenoblade) but they are perfectly capable of being played with a Wiimote and Nunchuck. Whether you "need" a CC is up to preference and if you feel like spending the money for the extra controller.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#14Madridiq8e(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:59:35 AM
I'd rather use the Classic Controller pro since I'm only going to play RPGs from the Wii games.

so basically I'm going to buy a Wii U console + Wiimote + Classic controller to play the Wii games.

that's gonna cost a lot, I hope the future Wii U Games will be worth it